The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is the best way to promote your small business website? PPC on Google?

gedtee

affiliate
Hello all, just wondered what your views are on promoting a small business website? I have already registered my business on some of the directories, but was thinking of investing in some PPC on Google.
My main aim is to increase the exposure of my shop, a645tradingpost.co.uk - Home and hopefully get more customers through the door, I am not intending to sell directly through the website at the moment (still using ebay for that at present).
Any recommendations on the best use of my limited budget appreciated.

Hi Gedtee,

I think you can try Google Adwords for one month.
Your keyword "quality used furniture" doesn't have any competitor in Google Adwords. That's a good chance. After one month or when your website is already at the top 10 Google's SERP, you can stop investing in Google Adwords.

The other way is by using SEO.
In Google's SERP for that keyword there are only 346,000 competitors. It's easy to win the competition. Just hire a good SEO Consultant to help you. Or you can contact me if you like :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try promoting your website on PPC using very specific targeted keywords.

Once you see that these particular set of keywords bring maximum results/profits, you should optimize your website side by side.

This will help you to maximize ROI. :first:

What everybody else has said.

I would also recommend taking a look at your title tag. That's quite a basic thing regarding SEO. How many people do you imagine will search for "a645tradingpost.co.uk"? If you call it something like "Quality Used Furniture in Pontefract, West Yorkshire", you're more likely to get a response.

If you are to do a PPC, just make sure you analyse the results and stop if something isn't giving you the return you wanted. Can be so easy to throw money away with it :(

Thank's all for the replies.
Rhyswynne, I'm not sure how to do this. Would I need to change my url, or could I keep the one I've got?

No, keep the URL, just change the title of the page. Open up "index.html" in notepad and look for the following

<title>a645tradingpost.co.uk quality used furniture - Home</title>

And replace it with

<title>Quality Used Furniture in Pontefract, West Yorkshire</title>

Or whatever you want, just make it have more keywords in it :)

Hello all, just wondered what your views are on promoting a small business website? I have already registered my business on some of the directories, but was thinking of investing in some PPC on Google.

You should try to revamp your web design. It needs to be improved.

Clients make purchase/leads on those websites which are creative and appealing.

After all nobody wants to visit your site to say "Hey thats 70s show" :sorry:

Hi,
I know it needs improving, (I have just ordered Expression web software to try to make a better site).
What do you mean by "hey thats 70s show" please?

Hi,
I know it needs improving, (I have just ordered Expression web software to try to make a better site).
What do you mean by "hey thats 70s show" please?

MI
Back