The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is semantic HTML?

The "semantic" part just refers to some html code being descriptive and presentational. So, for example, when you use the <P> tag, you are telling the browser and the developer that the text is paragraphical. This is both descriptive and presentational because the user knows what a paragraph is and the script tells the browser how to display it.

Tags like <b> and <i> are only presentational because they only determine how the text will be displayed.

W3C has better explanations. It's been a long time since I've had to explain this, or even think about it.

Last edited:
The "semantic" part just refers to some html code being descriptive and presentational. So, for example, when you use the ,P. tage, you are telling the browser and the developer that the text is paragraphical. This is both descriptive and presentational because the user knows what a paragraph is and the script tells the browser how to display it.

Tags like <b> and <i> are only presentational because they only determine how the text will be displayed.

W3C has better explanations. It's been a long time since I've had to explain this, or even think about it.
Well explained...thanks for sharing the post..

banners
Back