The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Support What is going on?

In my opinion, you can choose to look at it and let it bother you, or you can see it and ignore it, knowing that we all hate it and try to keep it to a minimum.

Anyway, since registration approval it's all clean, I haven't removed a spam post since. :)
I am happy for you that, it is how you do it. But we are not all the same and i see it as a nuisanse just to look at it, and it makes it even harder to find the good posts. But happy to hear something has stopped it! :)

Hi, Dennis! Have you noticed how nice and clean the forms are since we started the new process of registration approval? Not one single spam post.

It puts a big smile on my face. :D

I think you can take some credit for starting this thread and letting us know how frustrated you were. Hope you are now able to fully enjoy the community.
I am happy that something came from it not only for my sake but for the sake of it being fun and spam free on the forum. Grats for finding a great solution which should intice more users to make valuable threads! ;)

I did this years ago when I was the Admin of an Affiliate Program Forum (V Bulletin).
We didn't have that many joins --maybe 2 -5 per day --so it wasn't that time consuming. I didn't want to limit the joins only to affiliate program members. If someone came with good intents they were welcome. We added over 1,000 new affiliates a year so I guess my strategy worked ;)

banners
Back