“mobile”/
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is a good frequency?

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by no2pencil, Aug 8, 2017.

1. no2pencil

no2pencil Affiliate affiliate

Just had a few signups for a newsletter that I'm adding to an existing site. What is a good, expected frequency to send out newsletters? I don't want to over-saturate, but at the same time I don't want to create digital tumbleweeds.

Further more, is it better to cycle through purpose, or make a single email cover multiple purpose? For example, Q&A/feedback, updates, news, ad offers.

Thank you for your valued input!

2. newbidder
  3. comegetbravo

comegetbravo Affiliate affiliate

I'm managing a client's e-mail list of around 15k people. I don't send more than twice a day. And when I do send, I make sure it's high quality content and it's something my audience would want. Sometimes though, I don't send for over a week. You gotta figure out yourself, why not ask your audience what they prefer?

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Yep, the audience is what determines how frequent you are emailing them and they base this on what it is you are sending. I personally do not blend emails. Each has it's focus. I do newsletters, emails with offers, emails with notifications of content updates on the site(s) that brought them to me, and emails for the opt-in stages of course. I also do a few seasonally appropriate emails. With the newsletters, my people seem to prefer weekly newsletters. All of the others I send are filtered and tailored for the specific audiences and usually go out twice a week.

Remember, as @comegetbravo stated, there are lists that can easily sustain emails more frequently that others, and always make certain the emails are highly valuable!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 5:16 PM
    no2pencil likes this.
  5. no2pencil

no2pencil Affiliate affiliate

Thank you both. I just wrote & scheduled my first email with mailchimp. As I continue to get subscribers, I will take your advise & see what works best for the audience as far as content & scheduling.

T J Tutor likes this.
  6. Alexis.adverten

Alexis.adverten Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

Top Resources

MI