The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What is a good alternative to article marketing?

dave stanley

affiliate
I have been writing articles on ezine articles dot com. i have been writing about wrestling training and weight-loss. i have not had much success. i may need to find another niche. also i type very slow. it takes me a very long time to write articles. what are some good traffic sources instead of articles.
dave

Hi I also write few articles but it is difficult to write. It's much easier if you use writing software and article submitter to directories. And also submitter to hundreds of blogs. I have a submitter and still going to buy the writing software to help me with the article writing.

I have been writing articles on ezine articles dot com. i have been writing about wrestling training and weight-loss. i have not had much success. i may need to find another niche. also i type very slow. it takes me a very long time to write articles. what are some good traffic sources instead of articles.
dave

There are many other sources to gain traffic apart from article marketing, but noone can guarantee the rate of success you have with them in comparison with writing articles.

Some traffic generation methods work well for some folks but not for others, which is dependent on your personal aptitude, style, taste, etc...

Anyways, a few traffic generating methods that come to mind are:
- Forum Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Classified Ads
- PPC Marketing
- Blog Commenting/Marketing

This is not an exhaustive list, but many of the most common methods are covered here.

Good Luck!

You could also consider building a link wheel. You will still have to do a little writing, but your articles can be less involved than those required for ezine

I agree with Ryzon.

Also, just remember that while everyone is very friendly here, you may not want to give away what niche you're using. You never know who may steal you're ideas.

Dave you really need to take a look at why you are not successful with article marketing before giving it up. You coukd be doing some little things wrong that could make a big difference. Do you know about keywords and keyword research? Are the keywords you are targeting too broad? Or are you going after long tail keywords and still not seeing success?

Are you writing quality articles? Do you actually have a site that you are pointing the links in your author bio box back to in order to get your seo going n get up in the search engines?

It all starts with the keywords. If your keywords you are targeting are to general you are wasting your time - especially as a beginner. Take a second look at your keywords and make sure you r going after keywords that are within your reach!

Video marketing is another really great way to get some traffic pretty quick.

Youtube is the 3rd most visited site, and they have a lot of traffic they can send you.

Before you jump into videos, or even writing more articles though... you need to make sure you're targeting keywords to get the traffic if that's your goal when writing the articles.

For example, you should find 5-10 keywords and write an article for each one of them... Snappy headline, good content without being pushy for a product, and then a way to learn more by visiting your site.

Keeping track of where your articles are in the search engines for their keywords and backlinking the articles to get more exposure is an easy way to get traffic with your articles.

Before you give up with it completely...you should ask yourself why it's not working. Another traffic method might not help if you carry over the same issues.

Well for one thing google recently changed their algorithm so articles are much less useful now so I think it's great you are looking for alternatives. The best thing to do would he to use these articles for your own site rather than submitting them to someone elses site and letting them profit from your work - at least for most if your articles.

If you have high quality information on your site you will get a lot of traffic naturally. Continue to build your traffic by continually adding unique content and building back links via forum marketing, social bookmarking, social networking, blogging, blog commenting, directory submissions, link exchanges, press releases and other forms of link building.

Hopefully this helps you pick up the amount of traffic you get and the best of luck to you!

If you have high quality information on your site you will get a lot of traffic naturally. Continue to build your traffic by continually adding unique content and building back links via forum marketing, social bookmarking, social networking, blogging, blog commenting, directory submissions, link exchanges, press releases and other forms of link building.

yeah right. We have to try variety of techniques to create massive traffic. Just want to add video submission.

I agree that you have to try a bunch of methods and strategies to see what works best for your site.. video, social media, article, backlinks, blog and etc. I think site like twitter and facebook are pretty awesome in generating traffic.

Outsource article writing...

You can also outsource your article writing to places like textbroker.com while you focus on the things you are good at and like...

I once had a site that I promoted via article writing (I wasn't selling anything though), and it actually helped generate traffic. It wasn't brilliant though. I think I improved in ranking more than traffic wise.

I found the best source of traffic was and still is back linking from popular sites.

With my review site that i'm creating at the moment i'll be trying both back linking (assuming I can find sites to do it), and writing articles.

One thing I've noticed though, it's a very slow process. No matter what you do, the results can take months to really come to fuition (at least in my cases).

Incidently, I tried using Digg, and Delicious for the first time today, and also twitter in the past and results were pretty disappointing. Perhaps it's the content ;)

It sounds to me like your keywords may be too broad...Article marketing can work well for the perfect keywords, otherwise it is just one piece of the broad linkbuilding campaign...

Try blog or forum commenting.

I would say the best alternative is actually doing content for your own site instead of giving other businesses your hard work. Remember that linking from one page to another page on the same website still counts as a back link, hence the term a link is a link is a link!

banners
Back