The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is a “Good” CTR Rate?

Good article!

I liked this line:
Rather than look at percentages, aim to incrementally improve your CTR.
Rather than obsessing about the percentages, focus on improvements.

That is valid as every situation will have some optimal CTR and that rate will vary ... I know a no-answer to an inexact question :)
6% to 16% raw CTR page landing (1st click after and ad display)>>> to page target.
But my real CTR's are deceptive as many may have been clickbots, as the conversions were awful, even after filtering out the obvious datacenter IPs and VPN/Proxies ... 1:18 or 5.5% impressions to CTR in SEM (generic/aggregate/median) is my own target ;)

But my real CTR's are deceptive as many may have been clickbots

I think that was one of the things mentioned in the article. Some of the percentage is likely to be bot activity.

You seem to have the know-how to find and beat the bots. A big advantage, I imagine, though it sounds labour intensive.

I imagine, though it sounds labour intensive
Actually, it keeps getting easier once as the anti-bot algorithm develops.

One thing to remember, ad networks charge you for all the traffic they deliver, you end up paying for the bots ... You just don't count the bots in your numbers ;)

However, clickbots and other *foul* traffic seem to evolve their tactics with time :(

Interesting read
High CTR is good but yeah i noticed high ctr =lower performance on some creatives.
I thought it was my text but it' BOT LOL

MI
Back