The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What does it mean to learn or research social media marketing properly?

I hear it’s the real fastest way to be successful.

I tried searching “proper social media marketing”, and if I remember correctly, read “posting in Facebook groups” as advice. But, don’t I keep hearing from others that this strategy that doesn't do any good?

posting in Facebook groups

This is not marketing, it's just drawing attention to something.

Marketing is setting up a funnel for a consumer to follow. There are hundreds of ways to set up a funnel.

I hear it’s the real fastest way to be successful.

The fastest way to be successful in this industry is to build a marketing plan. If you want to build a marketing plan around social media opportunities, then you are choosing perhaps one of the more challenging paths. Social Media Marketing is a very demanding path to success today. The shortest path to succeeding with marketing is to learn paid traffic and promote only one or two offers until you have mastered the basics of what we do.

BUILD A PLAN AROUND THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS!

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

What about selecting a tracker? No offense, but does that link tell me what a tracker is?

I am not getting offended, but you are becoming quite annoying because you are too lazy to look for yourself. Honestly, you make no effort to even read! Click the damn link and start reading!

I also even tried to research what a tracker is, and saw nothing that seems affiliate marketing related.

You did not read it. It clearly explains tracking. It has links to additional information. The information is there, it is all over this forum, and it is all over the internet.

You make no effort. This is why no member other than me is trying to help you. I cannot help you anymore because you make no effort and you post nonsense.

I don't even know what you're talking about at all.

Maybe I knew the things you were referring to the whole time, but, I didn't know they were called verticals, trackers, etc.

Is Facebook/Twitter analytics an example of a tracker?

Last edited:
Sigh. Okay, I'll jump in here.

From that WIKI link (What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)) that @T J Tutor posted for you:

When it comes to the merchant or advertiser, tracking is used to calculate the number of conversions and clicks on their offers or programs.

The affiliate networks often use third party or custom tracking software to connect the merchant offers with affiliates in order to calculate the number of legitimate clicks, views, conversion or whatever the factor may be. These tracking solutions will also feature in-depth analytics, tracking tools and often fraud detection. When it comes to the affiliate or publisher, tracking is one of the most essential elements of setting up your campaign. Without tracking, you’ll be unable to record results and optimise/scale your campaigns. Paid and free tracking solutions are available for affiliates and it’s a must that you put tracking into practice as early as possible.

This and additional information is included in the Tracking Your Campaigns section of the link.

Also: Glossary of terms

I didn't know they were called verticals

Health is a vertical. Gaming is a vertical. Finance is a vertical. Dating is a vertical.

Think of it as a main category. If you drill down and decide you want to promote gaming chairs, MMO gaming, adult dating, just as a few examples, those are called niches.

MI
Back