The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What do you mean by web hosting?

randycrosby2017

affiliate
I know how to buy a domain name but then i m being told to register to a web hosting site or watever. I can make my site on Front page but how do i upload it and what is meant by web hosting?. Please guide me through this.

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
You would need to upload your site (unless you create it inside your hosting) to your web host in order to have it live online. Hosting is where your site lives. HostGator, BlueHost, GoDaddy, etc. are examples of web hosting companies.

I've never used FrontPage but I imagine that you'd need to upload it via a FTP (file transfer protocol). I think FileZilla is free, although I'm not sure about that, have never needed a FTP. Google it.

You set up both your site and domain within your hosting account then it shows up on the internet.

Sorry, not sure I'm being very clear.

Last edited:
FrontPage is no longer supported by Microsoft and thus is no longer supported by most web hosting providers. Microsoft's upgrade path for FrontPage was to Sharepoint, which is it's own independent system and not something shared hosting providers can really offer. Providers got the raw end in that particular deal.

Your domain name is just a "pointer" to where your actual website lives. Your website is just a bunch of files and images that are downloaded when you visit a site with your web browser. Those files and images need to "live" somewhere that's connected to the Internet, which is where a web hosting provider comes in.

Instead of using FrontPage, most hosting providers give you a web site builder in addition to your hosting account. Instead of using FrontPage, I'd highly recommend using the website builder tools that your hosting provider gives you. The Website Builders are easy to use, like FrontPage, so you should be able to easily create a site with them.

Here are the links to the Web Builder tools for the providers that AZGold mentioned, as well as our own:

HostGator: Quickly Create A Website With The HostGator Website Builder - HostGator
BlueHost: Website Hosting | Shared Web Hosting With cPanel - Bluehost
-- BlueHost doesn't have a specific page about their builder, but the movie on this page talks about it.
GoDaddy: Create Your Own Website in Minutes GoDaddy
Vivio: Build your own website - Vivio Technologies

I also recommend, as you review different plans from different providers, pay attention to the little things:
- Do you have to pay for multiple years to get the lower advertised price, or can you just pay monthly?
- Does the provider offer backup or does backup cost extra?
- Does the provider charge extra for backup restorations (most do, but not all)?
- Does the provider offer *real* Managed Support, or does "Managed" just mean doing things that a user can do themselves in a control panel with a couple clicks? (Lookin' at you, GoDaddy)

Hope this helps!

you should choose a hosting service to keep your files stored just like the files stored in your computer
Just an outline of how to make a blog or website. [Note:Wordpress is the most recommended platform]
1. Sign up for a hosting service like SiteGround or Hostgator
2. Select the basic plan. you have to enter the domain name and complete the purchase
3. Login to the host's dashboard (otherwise referred as cpanel) . here you will find software (for Siteground- softaculous, for hostgator- quickinstall) to install wordpress.
4. Still your site wont have any name. so you have to copy the nameservers from cpanel
5. login to your domain registrar, paste the nameservers in the DNS settings.
6. your site is ready
7. add posts and pages
this is how you should make a site!

Last edited:
Web hosting is the service that makes your website available to be viewed by others on the Internet. A web host provides space on its server, so that other computers around the world can access your website by means of a network or modem. There are literally thousands of web hosting services available today, ranging from free services with limited options to expensive, specialized business web hosting services.

Create a better hosting company, they have grown to become one of the would largest provider of online solution.web hosting recommended by WordPress.

web hosting is nothing but hosting your files(image,documents,forms etc) in a web server space which allow other web users to have an access to your files which you are sharing. and be available at all times,maintains and have you updated with necessary notification for a better hosting of your website or files.

Lets eplain you the terms : a domain its the name of your site ,its your brand .Think when you open a shop you must put him a name a domain its the same with this .A host its where you host you files ,pages posts themes etc ,all what a site needs .You know if you build s tore you must have a space a building then something inside your building to store your products and you can rents that space or you can buy it ,the same its with website ,a host its what holds all your site .You can use a free host that i sincerely dont recomend you or you can buy a host from hostgator goddy etc

If you wish to have a website you'll need both domain name and hosting. Forget about front page - it's very old and not supported anymore. Instead, choose one of three ways:

1) Get a web designer who will create a website for you. It's expensive and results are often not as good as you'd expect, but it's still most popular way to create websites

2) Create a website with Wordpress or Joomla. If you wish to create a simple website just to pick a template and change the text on that website. You'll need to have a hosting and a domain to start this website. There are tonnes of free templates, but they are usually moderate. Better quality templates are paid. If you'll create your website this way keep in mind that you won't be able to edit your website in many ways unless of course, you know how to write code

3) The third way, which is in my mind the best one, is to pick a website builder. There are tools provided by hosters like those mentioned by utdream few posts before. But those are usually very basic tools. There are a lot of more advanced and easier to use website builders like wix, squarespace Those tools will get you everything you need. You'll get your hosting there, will register your domain name and will get mailbox all with no configuration of servers, databases or other hustle.

If you've got any more questions go ahead and ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Web hosting is service the makes your website available to the viewed by other on the internet. Thousand of web hosting available,ranging from free services with limited options to expensive. It also like land where you build your house. This is the space on the Internet where you place your website’s file.

Web hosting is also known as hosting, webhosting, web space, web hosting space or some other terms related. In fact, it’s the space on the web server where you can store your websites. Your website is anything about web files, web pages, web images and also mp3 files, movie files,…Web hosting is the space where your websites place and it processes any requests from internet users.

When choosing the web hosting, you need to consider many features that the hosting can provides to you. These features listed below can give you some references when buying
  • Hosting Space
  • Hosting Domains
  • Database
  • Free Domain Include
  • Hosting Speed
  • Hosting Load Capacity
  • Hosting Support
Source here: What is web hosting and how to choose a suitable one?

Hope this helps,

I know how to buy a domain name but then i m being told to register to a web hosting site or watever. I can make my site on Front page but how do i upload it and what is meant by web hosting?. Please guide me through this.

Thank You
Web hosting means hosting your application over internet and managing all files and other domain function using any control panel.

Create a better hosting company, they have grown to become one of the would largest provider of online solution.web hosting recommended by WordPress.

Web Hosting is the service providing space on the Internet for websites. When you make a website and want other people to see it, you will need to publish (or upload) it with a web hosting service.

Web hosting is a server where you will put your domain to go it live.Without webhosting people cannot see your site, you cannot publish content do anything etc.

Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page onto the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers.

When Internet users want to view your website, all they need to do is type your website address or domain into their browser. Their computer will then connect to your server and your webpages will be delivered to them through the browser.

Web hosting is also known as hosting, webhosting, web space, web hosting space or some other terms related. In fact, it’s the space on the web server where you can store your websites. Your website is anything about web files, web pages, web images and also mp3 files, movie files,…Web hosting is the space where your websites place and it processes any requests from internet users.

When choosing the web hosting, you need to consider many features that the hosting can provides to you. These features listed below can give you some references when buying
  • Hosting Space
  • Hosting Domains
  • Database
  • Free Domain Include
  • Hosting Speed
  • Hosting Load Capacity
  • Hosting Support
Source here: What is web hosting and how to choose a suitable one?

Hope this helps,
I think that my comment above is still useful for some guys who don't know about web hosting.

MI
Back