The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything What do you know about cooperative marketing?

bruce bates

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Payday
Cooperative marketing is "my thing" and in my opinion is it one of the most underutilized forms of marketing and advertising on the internet. Cooperative based marketing is a form of marketing where everyone comes together to help everyone else.

Imagine joining a group of affiliate marketers who are all promoting the same products and services. Instead of the common practice of seeing other marketers as your competition, you work with them to everyone's benefit.

I will use a small sampling as an example. Imagine you find 4 other marketers all selling the same product. So the 5 of you join together and create 1 single ad that acts as a rotator. Each time the ad is loaded one of the 5 marketers are randomly selected and their affiliate ID is inserted into the ad.

Now lets say each of those 5 marketers are promoting the ad on 5 different websites. Because you are working together cooperatively, instead of getting views only from the 5 websites you are advertising on, instead you are getting views from 25 different sites, the 5 you are promoting on as well as the 5 each of the other 4 marketers are promoting.

Doing so now reduces the amount of effort, time and money you have to spend to advertise the product to get results.

This is the type of marketing I do and the type of marketing systems I build. Only its not just 5 marketers working together - its hundreds, its thousands, its as many marketers as we can gather together interested in this.

To keep things fair we use a credit based system so for every time you get a click on an ad, you earn a return view from one of the other marketers. These ads are displayed on thousands of different sites. Some are shown in forum signatures, some on social networks, some on lower level traffic sites like safelists and traffic exchanges, some are shown in blogs and on writing platforms.

I have several sites that operate in this manner. Mostly I use clickbank style products to do this as the majority of products do not require approval, so I can easily build the hop links and ads for everyone.

I am wondering who else has ever tried cooperative affiliate marketing in their efforts if anyone - and if you haven't or have never heard of this what concerns you may have or drawbacks you think exist?

Last edited:
Years ago I did something similar --we were rotating website traffic to an affiliate program (alternating link codes with a script I wrote). Cross linking the websites --that was 2005 I think. Back when SEO was *fun* :p

Years ago I did something similar --we were rotating website traffic to an affiliate program (alternating link codes with a script I wrote). Cross linking the websites --that was 2005 I think. Back when SEO was *fun* :p

Interesting. I never thought to apply it to any sort of SEO, though honestly these days fairly sure google would define it as a link scheme.

MI
Back