The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

what do you guys think about the solo ad business model?

C

calypso

I need a quick way to make money (by quick i mean a 3 5 month time frame) to help get through some college courses.

I have a few e-books that i have written on affiliate marketing. Its basically just my experience. I have made money online but have never been able to make it past 2K within a year. It really sucks. I came across the solo ad business idea and it seems much more promising but many people dont like it.

What is your honest opinion about it?

Okay calypso, so I think the best thing you can do (IMO) at the onset is to itemize what skills you have. Outline them on paper, or word, or any place where you can quickly reference them. Then, research the forum topics that require those skills. This way you aren't having to learn those skills before earning. Now, you will likely still require learning some new things, but at least you will have a leg up.

Most any of the areas of marketing in our field are able to get you to a comfortable level of earning in 3 to 5 months with a plan, a reasonable budget, and loads of dedication and determination. If you feel Solo Ads is the way for you, then commit! If you don't have an absolute "warm & fuzzy" feeling about it, then reconsider other options, other fields.

No one can know what you know, what your work ethic is, how well you follow instructions, how creative you can be. Only you can know what the best field for you to do this is.

thank you but i do know what im doing. Im asking what people what they think about the solo ad business model.

thank you but i do know what im doing. Im asking what people what they think about the solo ad business model.

You're welcome, but frankly you presented yourself as though you didn't know what you are doing.

You stated first that you needed a quick way to earn over a 3 to 5 month time frame in order to pay college costs. I addressed that statement more than adequately. My offering was the most accurate means by which to expedite your needs. You are floundering if you ask in a forum what is a good business model for you to earn. We don't know your skills, abilities, dedication, interests, or creative capabilities. If we had that information, then we could give you more direction towards a more specific area of marketing (which is why I gave you the formula in my first response). You stated very clearly that you have been unable to earn more than $2k in a year. Truly, in my opinion, if you knew what you were doing, that number would have been much higher.

You stated the Solo Ads Biz more as an after thought in your statements and Inquiries. The Solo Ads Biz is simply a portion of the email marketing business and email marketing is a section of a greater overall marketing model. There are two primary areas of the Solo Ads Biz.
1. Build your own email lists of 10k to 20k. Then offer your lists to a JV that has a product or products to sell.
2. Find a person or group with lists that are willing to let you pitch their lists.

There is much more to well define these two areas, but that's it in a nutshell.

In my opinion, the Solo Ads Biz is not really a Biz, but a marketing model that works best when you have a larger more productive primary marketing plan and existing lists of your own to leverage as well as relationships with trusted marketers in your circle of marketer relationships to exchange solo ads with.

You asked for an honest opinion about Solo's, there it is.

I am not trying to disparage, denigrate, castigate, or dismiss you and your thoughts. I am simply attempting to give you very accurate information as I know it to be. I am not all knowing. I am not the most successful marketer in this forum. However, I am willing to bet that I am one of the most capable to analyze and report. I've been a businessman for more than 44 years. I have owned and operated restaurants, nightclubs, car dealerships, a computer supply manufacturing company, a small business startup firm, and a software development firm. My truest form of success has always been startups. I can start up a business in most any field. That's why my background is so varied. People have sought me out over all of those years to startup firms with the intent of an exit strategy built in to them (build & sell them). I have made and lost millions as a speculator in business. I had to start over once again the first of this year after losing a corporate battle with the government which is now on appeal and leaving me with all of my capital and assets frozen until the appeal is heard and decided. I am a risk taker, it's a form a gambling and there have been some real boners in my past, but their have been some extremely large skyrocketing successes also.

I tell you this for one reason. You need to start from scratch with a means to pay for college. In my opinion, based on my experience, you must make a list of your skill sets and see where they are a best fit in order to accomplish what you claim you must get done in the quickest fashion. This is exactly the formula that i use, whether for a small or large effort, i always make that list. I did this for myself at the first of the year when I found myself without capital. I am very good at building continuity niche sites and I am very good at writing and writing copy. This is where i applied myself to reinvent a cash flow. After a few months I had a positive ROI and can once again pay my bills and have a level of comfort while I build on my businesses.

Draw on your strengths and not the unknown when starting over. Make sure you develop a written plan (and stick to it), or you will never acquire the level of success you seek. Take advice from those you approach with a grateful attitude for gratitude builds positive and productive relationships. Marketing is a relationship business at all levels.

I wish you great success and I hope you prosper well beyond your expectations.

T J

banners
Back