The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What are your working arrangements?

R

Robster

I thought it would be interesting to find out how people on here are set up.

eg do you work at home, or have an office elsewhere. If you work at home, do you have a dedicated room, or squeeze yourself into the corner of a bedroom or dining room?

I live with 2 guys who are also webmasters, and one of their bedrooms is used as a shared office between the 2 of them. The 3 of us are moving next month into a house where we can have one room as a dedicated office, which will be great. I've gotta say I find it much better working in a room with one or two other people. Even if you aren't working on projects together its still good to have a more sociable environment and be able to bounce ideas off each other.

I'm in an apartment building, 2 bedroom apartment. My bedroom is setup as my office but I move it around every couple of weeks, right now I'm in the living room making use of the projector and leaving the balcony doors open so I can wander out occasionally.

I prefer working on projects with other people if they are knowledgable otherwise it slows me down. Fortunately my Superintendent has a marketing background, he's on the floor below me so we spend a lot of time between apartments working on our websites and throwing ideas around. My brother has his room setup as an office too, he's not much into the web end of it but he tries, he's usually working on other projects around the building for people, then helping me and learning stuff the rest of the time.

I work with no pants on at all.

I'm actually setup between my dining room and my living room. I work alone much of the time and can't really concentrate any other way. I get distracted too easily so no music, no company, not talkie and it's all good.

Duke, you're what's known as an, "isolator".

Not good, my friend. You need to download some eminem lyrics (turn em down low, now), and then commence to editing/making pages/etc.

Here's a good one to sooth the soul:

JMHO

LOL

One of my favorites:

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wantedâ€Â¦one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There̢۪s vomit on his sweater already, mom̢۪s spaghetti
He̢۪s nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, but the words won̢۪t come out
He̢۪s chokin, how everybody̢۪s jokin now
The clock̢۪s run out, time̢۪s up over, bloah!
Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity
Oh, there goes rabbit, he choked
He̢۪s so mad, but he won̢۪t give up that
Is he? no
He won̢۪t have it , he knows his whole back city̢۪s ropes
It don̢۪t matter, he̢۪s dope
He knows that, but he̢۪s broke
He̢۪s so stacked that he knows
When he goes back to his mobile home, that̢۪s when it̢۪s
Back to the lab again yo
This whole rap shit
He better go capture this moment and hope it don̢۪t pass him

Hook:

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

The soul̢۪s escaping, through this hole that it̢۪s gaping
This world is mine for the taking
Make me king, as we move toward a, new world order
A normal life is borin, but superstardom̢۪s close to post mortar
It only grows harder, only grows hotter
He blows us all over these hoes is all on him
Coast to coast shows, he̢۪s know as the globetrotter
Lonely roads, God only knows
He̢۪s grown farther from home, he̢۪s no father
He goes home and barely knows his own daughter
But hold your nose cuz here goes the cold water
His bosses don̢۪t want him no mo, he̢۪s cold product
They moved on to the next schmoe who flows
He nose dove and sold nada
So the soap opera is told and unfolds
I suppose it̢۪s old potna, but the beat goes on
Da da dum da dum da da

Hook

No more games, i̢۪ma change what you call rage
Tear this mothafuckin roof off like 2 dogs caged
I was playin in the beginnin, the mood all changed
I been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
But I kept rhymin and stepwritin the next cypher
Best believe somebody̢۪s payin the pied piper
All the pain inside amplified by the fact
That I can̢۪t get by with my 9 to 5
And I can̢۪t provide the right type of life for my family
Cuz man, these goddam food stamps don̢۪t buy diapers
And it̢۪s no movie, there̢۪s no mekhi phifer, this is my life
And these times are so hard and it̢۪s getting even harder
Tryin to feed and water my seed, plus
See dishonor caught up bein a father and a prima donna
Baby mama drama̢۪s screamin on and
Too much for me to wanna
Stay in one spot, another jam or not
Has gotten me to the point, I̢۪m like a snail
I̢۪ve got to formulate a plot fore I end up in jail or shot
Success is my only mothafuckin option, failure̢۪s not
Mom, I love you, but this trail has got to go
I cannot grow old in salem̢۪s lot
So here I go is my shot.
Feet fail me not cuz maybe the only opportunity that I got

Hook

You can do anything you set your mind to, man

I get so much abuse for having a tremendous amount of respect for Eminem, still :)

I am an oddball, I work at home, have a deicated office, but am rarely in it, most sat somewhere else :) When we had a large business (people wise) I preferred to stay away from the office if I could. My attitude is why pay people to manage, and then be there to do their job for them :( People work better if they stand or fall by their own actions.

Currently the sun is blazing down it is beautiful, so guess where I am NOT lol.

LMAO Paul you crack me up! Actually OWG, so do I haha

Gotta get a laptop so I can go enjoy the great outdoors while I get some work done. :)

LMAO I got blasted on some (far) right extremist forum for my, "em defense".

Some folks simply cannot look past the lyrics, I guess.

Many people fail to realise that eminem is actually an alter ego to Marshall Mathers, even though there are only 6 people in D12, the other 6 being their alter egos :)

A lot of what M says is as he put it 'I say what you think' indicating that he is reflecting society as much as himself. I have no doubt that the man is one of the greatest poets of all time, and many top universities in the UK have said the same. His touch is superb, and when he hitches with Dre, it is little short of genius ;)

Paul_KY said:
Duke, you're what's known as an, "isolator".

Not good, my friend. You need to download some eminem lyrics (turn em down low, now), and then commence to editing/making pages/etc.

Here's a good one to sooth the soul:

JMHO

LOL

rofl, thanks Paul, I'll do my best to curbe my reckless behavior immediately.

There was a period when that was me lol.

I grew up rough, and my first thoughts were always to go the easy route, regardless of anything else. The only thing that mattered was myself and my kid sister, whatever was best for us was right. This went into my business dealings as well in early life, and I was successful, but at the cost of others :( .

Then life changed, and I did what was right, but boy was I ever like that clip in there, I knew what was right, but knew it would cost. Now though the wrong thoughts are just a tiny consideration. Odd that I became a white hat SEO, although i still investigate the dark side just so as I can identify it of course. As Sun Tzu said, to defeat your enemy, you must first know your enemy ;)

I think the office should be separate from your own residence if possible, as it has its own decorum and importance, you will be more pro-active rather than home, I feel.

Suppose a local client want to meet, you will not feel uneasy to meet him at your office, meanwhile the client also feel better to interact with you at your office rather than your home. No doubt if you have converted your room separately as a office, then you can manage it.

Etechdecorum? importance, this is the web we are talking about ;) <joking> I hear what you are saying though. I work proper hours, although it is difficut to differentiate between work and play sometimes lol. I do have a separate office, in our new house we are having done, I will have an office with a bathroom including shower etc, and kitchen facilities as well, (I think my wife is trying to tell me something :) )

I doubt I will in the office constantly though, I will still wander around to wherver the sun is shining.

etechsupport said:
I think the office should be separate from your own residence if possible, as it has its own decorum and importance, you will be more pro-active rather than home, I feel.

Suppose a local client want to meet, you will not feel uneasy to meet him at your office, meanwhile the client also feel better to interact with you at your office rather than your home. No doubt if you have converted your room separately as a office, then you can manage it.

I'm not pulling in nearly enough bux0rz to make the split, I'm a novice and only make about a buck a day on averrage. With a lot of hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and tears, I'm looking to bring that number up to about $1.25.

Right, OWG. Because if you're like me (in the beginning) you'd spend it as if you were assured it for the rest of your life. Ooops! Watch out! Here comes the avalanche.

Budget

Budget

Budget

The rest is gravy, in order to offset the inevitable downturns.

I remember back in the days I had a good chunk of my eggs in the cj.com basket. Glad that rollercoaster is over. Now, they’re barely a blip on the radar screen.

19-Apr-2005 $308.25
21-Mar-2005 $56.59
18-Feb-2005 $193.80
18-Nov-2004 $72.75
19-Oct-2004 $691.20
20-Sep-2004 $5,617.50
18-Aug-2004 $5,838.85
19-Jul-2004 $4,894.90
21-Jun-2004 $5,619.75
20-May-2004 $5,977.00
19-Apr-2004 $7,636.45
23-Mar-2004 $7,405.65
20-Feb-2004 $7,981.95
20-Jan-2004 $7,739.30
18-Dec-2003 $8,641.90
18-Nov-2003 $11,038.00
20-Oct-2003 $6,323.90
18-Sep-2003 $3,741.60
20-Aug-2003 $4,912.00
18-Jul-2003 $5,347.49
20-Jun-2003 $9,067.10
20-May-2003 $5,150.40
20-Apr-2003 $5,141.40
20-Mar-2003 $3,931.30
20-Feb-2003 $6,367.60
20-Jan-2003 $4,666.15
20-Dec-2002 $5,574.00
20-Nov-2002 $5,797.40
20-Oct-2002 $7,534.30
20-Sep-2002 $5,484.35
20-Aug-2002 $6,109.50
20-Jul-2002 $5,022.55
20-Jun-2002 $5,767.05
20-May-2002 $583.35
20-Apr-2002 $1,964.70
20-Mar-2002 $2,089.50
20-Feb-2002 $4,499.50
20-Jan-2002 $4,471.00
20-Dec-2001 $5,279.10
20-Nov-2001 $4,234.00
20-Oct-2001 $2,842.50
20-Sep-2001 $4,343.10
20-Aug-2001 $5,326.00
20-Jul-2001 $3,211.15
20-Jun-2001 $4,838.95
20-May-2001 $4,356.17
20-Apr-2001 $3,879.88
20-Mar-2001 $2,218.73
20-Feb-2001 $2,678.90
20-Jan-2001 $1,552.50
20-Dec-2000 $64.00

And I remember that first $64 payment on the 20th of December, 2000. If not for that, we wouldn’t have had any sort of Christmas. Man, I’ll never forget where I was 5 years ago. I MUST look at this chart once in a while. It keep me humble.

MI
Back