The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What are some common mistakes in SEO?

• code errors that prevent the proper machine 'reading' of the website's content
  • poor UX (user experience) poor: navigation menus, orphaned pages (unlinked and inaccessible easily to both users and indexing robots)
  • poor topic concentration > what is this site all about
  • high bounce rates because of purchased traffic not being funneled by/through a noindex filtering domain.

Last edited:
Instead of mistakes i would like to mention some common misconception people have:

1) Exact match keyword in title - Yes it does help but google rank brain has made it easier for people to create meaningful title tags

2) Using Anchor text in internal linking

3) Page rank algorithm - Its long gone

All the above are right ;)

Some more "mistakes" I see are:
- Not doing proper keyword research (randomly producing content)
- Trying to rank for too competitive keywords
- Not properly on-page optimizing (H1, internal linking, exact match urls, etc.)
- Not optimizing headlines for higher CTR in search

One of the most common mistakes, in my opinion, is committing on linking, doing it too much and not waiting for SERP's answer. A lot of people who did this was unable to found google place to put links because they spammed to much, and after that kind of work, you'll feel, that is nothing good to you, to do it with SEO stuff. Work on quality over quantity.

Don't buy thousands of poor quality links for $5 from Fiverr. They will kill your site and you'd have to start all over again.

I think the biggest is not doing your research on keyword research and not following the seo rules. The average reader is at a 5th grade reading level so make sure to try and write content the average reader can understand.

Black hat practices are the most common mistakes that you should avoid for ranking your webpages in search engine pages.

Building unreliable links from any domain.
Leniency in Keyword research.
Spamming websites for link exchange.
Mentioning keyword with a greater ratio in the content.

Presenting a Poor Internal Link Structure
Creating Content for Content’s Sake
Not Investing in Link-Worthy Content
Failing to Reach Customers with Your Content
Optimizing for the Wrong Keywords
Not Consulting Paid Media
Forgetting About Local
Not Regularly Auditing Your Own Website

Choosing the Wrong Keywords
Skipping Title Tags & Meta Descriptions
Duplicate content
Missing Quality Links
Poor site structure.
Don't have a mobile site design for multiple screens

There are some common SEO mistake that are tough to avoid. Testing optimization approaches is difficult because you can’t verify your method in real-time since search engine rules are becoming hard to predict.

1. Choosing the Wrong Keywords
2. Using Keyword Stuffing
3. Creating Content That’s Not About Your Keywords
4. Publishing Non-Original Content
5. Skipping Title Tags & Meta Descriptions

Here are 6 common SEO mistakes to avoid:
1. Duplicate content
2. Forgotten about content marketing
3. Poor site structure
4. Don’t have a mobile site design for multiple screens
5. Unreasonable SEO expectations
6. Hiring a crappy SEO consultant

-Focusing on One Keyword Only
-Creating Low-quality Content
-Neglecting Dated Content
-Underestimating the Importance of Website Loading Speed
-No Internal Backlinks and Outbound Links
-Not Using Local SEO
-Forgetting to Optimize Images

I think that one of the most common mistakes people make with regards to their SEO strategy is they don’t stick with it for long enough. SEO is a continuous process that requires you to constantly implement new tactics to stay ahead of your competitors.

Although there are much common SEO mistakes which people often make, but I have seen many people often form errors in:
- Meta Description
- Schema Mistakes

Here I have an article on some common SEO evergreen strategies.
Evergreen SEO Ranking Factors Please check this out.

MI
Back