The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Weird campaign stats

PopAds has very decent traffic for Brazil. I have a few campaigns doing almost 3-4 figures per day there.

You can't decide or assume that just because you received 27 visits and 3 clicks that don't correspond to the country you targeted the traffic is trash. By those standards all traffic sources will send you garbage because most traffic sources leak traffic from other countries and it's very common. It happens on Facebook too and people are making 5 figures per day there.

And yes, you need a VPS or better. How fast is your landing page loading by your standards?

I receive about a few hundred impressions, out those impressions, I have got 30 click through on the call to action button. Out of those 30 clicks, 27 clicks redirect to another offer, because the BR offer doesn't exist for that country so it redirect to another offer. When you started your BR campaign, did you encounter this problem?
Here's load speed: Screenshot
There are things to optimize here and there, but it just doesn't seen necessary atm. Thanks for your response!

I receive about a few hundred impressions, out those impressions, I have got 30 click through on the call to action button. Out of those 30 clicks, 27 clicks redirect to another offer, because the BR offer doesn't exist for that country so it redirect to another offer. When you started your BR campaign, did you encounter this problem?
Here's load speed: Screenshot
There are things to optimize here and there, but it just doesn't seen necessary atm. Thanks for your response!

With your tracker, you need to setup the redirect rules so you send the traffic from other countries to an offer appropriate for it. Don't waste other countries traffic sending it to BR.

As for your loading speed. The site is super slow. 1.8 seconds is just too much for PPV traffic. in less than 1 second most people will close the pop up if it didn't load.

Also, your landing page is quite heavy.

I'd try to reduce the landing page 10x it's size and the load speed under 100ms. I like my landers at 20ms load with a max of 50ms, and yours almost 40 times slower than my landers with a CDN. You're going to lose a lot of clicks just because of that.

As we've mentioned before, get a decent VPS, dedicated or CDN and stop wasting your money with a shared server that loads so slow. You'll notice the difference when you move to something better (on clicks, conversions and load speed).

With your tracker, you need to setup the redirect rules so you send the traffic from other countries to an offer appropriate for it. Don't waste other countries traffic sending it to BR.

As for your loading speed. The site is super slow. 1.8 seconds is just too much for PPV traffic. in less than 1 second most people will close the pop up if it didn't load.

Also, your landing page is quite heavy.

I'd try to reduce the landing page 10x it's size and the load speed under 100ms. I like my landers at 20ms load with a max of 50ms, and yours almost 40 times slower than my landers with a CDN. You're going to lose a lot of clicks just because of that.

As we've mentioned before, get a decent VPS, dedicated or CDN and stop wasting your money with a shared server that loads so slow. You'll notice the difference when you move to something better (on clicks, conversions and load speed).

Hey, thanks for the feedback. My Br campaign contain only BR offer, I am using popads to target traffic from BR only, so all click through (user from the lp click the call to action button) should go to the BR offer, but instead some clicks through went to a redirect offer instead of the BR offer. So I am asking when you first started, did popads send you quality BR traffic. I will be considering purchasing a vps soon.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. My Br campaign contain only BR offer, I am using popads to target traffic from BR only, so all click through (user from the lp click the call to action button) should go to the BR offer, but instead some clicks through went to a redirect offer instead of the BR offer. So I am asking when you first started, did popads send you quality BR traffic. I will be considering purchasing a vps soon.

I know, but you should always have a campaign to send and redirect all the traffic that doesn't come from Brazil.
Yes, it's normal to receive traffic from different countries on all traffic sources no matter what you do, so always setup another campaign for the traffic that doesn't belong to your original offer.

It doesn't matter if you selected BR only on popads and that your offer is only for BR. Always redirect the traffic that doesn't fit your targeting to another offer so you make more money from it :)

Also, when you start any campaign on any traffic source, you will receive traffic from different quality. You have to filter it and see what converts better for you.

I know, but you should always have a campaign to send and redirect all the traffic that doesn't come from Brazil.
Yes, it's normal to receive traffic from different countries on all traffic sources no matter what you do, so always setup another campaign for the traffic that doesn't belong to your original offer.

It doesn't matter if you selected BR only on popads and that your offer is only for BR. Always redirect the traffic that doesn't fit your targeting to another offer so you make more money from it :)

Also, when you start any campaign on any traffic source, you will receive traffic from different quality. You have to filter it and see what converts better for you.

On popads it is tier 2 and tier 3 countries that are delivering non quality traffic, you can target traffic only from a specific geo and they will send you traffic from a different location. Pretty much left the advertiser with no choice but to waste money to filter out the redirect traffic.
Also, for the vps, what are minimum specs of the vps that I should purchase? I am considering buying a vps from liquidweb, but their vps is expensive with lower quality compare to other vps that offer higher quality at a lower price.

You can target traffic only from a specific geo and they will send you traffic from a different location. Pretty much left the advertiser with no choice but to waste money to filter out the redirect traffic.

This happens with all the networks. In fact, PopAds doesn't do it as much as other networks do.

DigitalOcean or Vultr have great VPSes for much lower prices than Liquidweb.

This happens with all the networks. In fact, PopAds doesn't do it as much as other networks do.

DigitalOcean or Vultr have great VPSes for much lower prices than Liquidweb.
Yes thanks, I will choose one from your recommendation above. I guess these are self manage vps? Also I guess I will also need to purchase a license on cpanel which cost n additional $20/month. Did you purchase cpanel license on your vps or used alternative?

Yes thanks, I will choose one from your recommendation above. I guess these are self manage vps? Also I guess I will also need to purchase a license on cpanel which cost n additional $20/month. Did you purchase cpanel license on your vps or used alternative?

Yes, they're managed, and no, you don't need a License for cPanel so you can upload your landing pages for just $5 per month and scale it whenever you want according to your traffic volumes.

Yes, they're managed, and no, you don't need a License for cPanel so you can upload your landing pages for just $5 per month and scale it whenever you want according to your traffic volumes.

Thanks for all your reply so far, helped me out a lot already. After I purchase the vps, don't I need some sort of whm to host my files (html,css,js), people told me to get cpanel, or setup lamp, or use cpanel alternatives. What's the setup on your vps, how are you hosting your files? I didn't understand what you're to say about the $5/month thing.

When you purchase your server you can select a setup like LAMP or LEMP (I recommend this) so you can upload your landing pages without paying for any license as the Linux distributions are free.

The initial plan costs $5 per month, but you can scale your server up whenever you want on real time.

When you purchase your server you can select a setup like LAMP or LEMP (I recommend this) so you can upload your landing pages without paying for any license as the Linux distributions are free.

The initial plan costs $5 per month, but you can scale your server up whenever you want on real time.

I have setup a LAMP server, but I am not skilled enough for the technical stuff. There are things I must implement to optimize page load speed, I need to setup apache so it can leverage browser caching. I need to setup file caching so the visitor can store the cache files and don't need to redownload content all the time. I am on a self manage vps and need technical advisement, where can I get live support.

I have setup a LAMP server, but I am not skilled enough for the technical stuff. There are things I must implement to optimize page load speed, I need to setup apache so it can leverage browser caching. I need to setup file caching so the visitor can store the cache files and don't need to redownload content all the time. I am on a self manage vps and need technical advisement, where can I get live support.

You don't have live support with them. That's why they are unmanaged.
Don't use apache. NginX is much better for this so better set a LEMP configuration.
Also, in this particular case you might not need cache or setup anything else. Just upload your landing pages to the server and you're good to go.

You don't have live support with them. That's why they are unmanaged.
Don't use apache. NginX is much better for this so better set a LEMP configuration.
Also, in this particular case you might not need cache or setup anything else. Just upload your landing pages to the server and you're good to go.

Right now I've setup virtualmin and webmin on the server. Nginx and apache both have their limits, the most optimal option for page speed load is to setup a server with both apache and Nginx. I am still learning the bare basics of the pros and cons of the two web servers. I have centos 7 and I am not knowledgeable enough to handle the technical works myself, I hope someone in the forum or elsewhere can assist me throughout this process. I am even willing to pay for the support.

You're pushing static content. Any improvements to your server are going to be minimal. Heck, you really don't even need one for what you are doing.

-----

Hire someone to horizontally sprite your images*, have css to call the proper dimensions for the image sprite, correct your html (fix 404s + remove .top site**), remove whitespace from css/html/javascript, inline and optimize your css/javascript, move what css/javascript you can before the </body> tag that doesn't break the function of your website or prevents fast rendering, include a 1x1 favicon.ico at a minimum if you're not going to create a proper one.

When that's done, move everything to a CDN in the geographical location you are trying to market to.

* = You have so many connections to that page with all of those images, it prevents speedy loading of the page as most browsers don't allow more than 6 to 8 connections per hostname. A browser has to make 19 request to load your page. That's way too much.

** = That .top domain, included in your html, is adding additional time to your page rendering as it has to wait until all of the stuff on your main domain is loaded before the browser sends a request at 767ms.

Testing of your page was done without any traffic shaping. When you start taking into account connection speed and location, which will affect latency, the time to load the page as is will be worse.

Right now I've setup virtualmin and webmin on the server. Nginx and apache both have their limits, the most optimal option for page speed load is to setup a server with both apache and Nginx. I am still learning the bare basics of the pros and cons of the two web servers. I have centos 7 and I am not knowledgeable enough to handle the technical works myself, I hope someone in the forum or elsewhere can assist me throughout this process. I am even willing to pay for the support.
As mentioned, you don't need all that to get started and because you're pushing static content what you want is to take action now and start sending traffic instead of becoming a professional web admin.

Just upload your pages and setup your campaigns to start gathering data!

If you are using landing page, then I am so sure that it is slow in terms of resposne. Besides that, I want to encourage you to do some tests on the network so that you are sure that everything you are doing is as required. Also try to use other forms of traffic generation such as banners so that you know whether it is all about the medium you are using or the entire system has issues.

Hm, from those states I believe it's the landing page or the offer (I believe seen that states when my offer was poor)that is causing the problem, yes vps will help but make sure that you are using proved landing page. and test a lot of offers to see the right one

MI
Back