The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Websites evaluation

kappa84

affiliate
Hi there.
What do you think about sites like smartpagerank.com that tell you the value of your website?
Is the evaluation accurate? Do you know other websites that do the same things?

Isn't there on the web other "evaluator" that can combine the logical and semantic estimate and create a powerfull and reliable tool for webmasters? Or is it preety impossible to create one?

I find this tool irrelevant

Honestly speaking,

I find this tool irrelevant.

You can use Alexa,Siteometer and Google Analaytics for your website status.They are more accurate than this one.

I just had a quick go with it and what a load of crap. You can't reply on any script/tool to fully evaluate you're website.

There are simply to many elements involved.

KP

Well I just checked my rugby forum ScumV Rugby Forum - Welsh Rugby Forum - Rugby Chat at its Best :: Index and it tells me I have PR zero , have 9 backlinks in goolge, none in Yahoo (yahoo have limited access to their site: & link: features.) it also tells me some other things.

Here is the rub though.

My domain is a niche website aimed at rugby.
It is number 1 on google for welsh rugby forum,
It is #2 for the term rugby forum.
It has over half a million posts,
in one month during the 6 Nations this year we got 3.5 million page impressions.
It is a domain name over 4 years old
it is in dmoz twice
They say it is worth $532 :(
I refused an offer of £10,000 for the site last year.

In short, it is using ALL the wrong elements to base a value on.

In answer to why i was offered £10k for it. next year the British & irish lions are touring South Africa. At LEAST 30 members from the forum are travelling over on tour to watch the matches. TYhey are paying a tour operator £7,000 plus (each) to go. That is £270,000 of business. The tour operator that offered me the money will make his money back in no time!

MI
Back