The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

WebsiteBaker installation trouble

rs107

affiliate
Hey guys,

I'm trying to upload website baker onto hostgator but can't get it to work. I go into filemanager and open up my public_html folder and try to drag and drop website baker into it but all it does is take me to this page: Index of file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Ryan/My Documents/Downloads/Extracted Files/WebsiteBaker_2.8.1/

then I click install like it says but it just opens the installing instructions and doesn't do anything. Can anybody help me out with this please?

ps I have correctly installed filezilla so I don't think that's the problem

'm trying to upload website baker onto hostgator but can't get it to work. I go into filemanager and open up my public_html folder and try to drag and drop website baker into it but all it does is take me to this page: Index of file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Ryan/My Documents/Downloads/Extracted Files/WebsiteBaker_2.8.1/

then I click install like it says but it just opens the installing instructions and doesn't do anything. Can anybody help me out with this please?

ps I have correctly installed filezilla so I don't think that's the problem

Now that I've had more coffee, re-reading this I see some likely issues:
  1. You indicate that you are using Filemanager but also that you are using Filezilla. How are you transferring the files and into which folder on your server?
  2. I assume that Filemanager refers to the cPanel File Manager on your server?
  3. This message - Index of file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Ryan/My Documents/Downloads/Extracted Files/WebsiteBaker_2.8.1/ - references files on your hard drive, NOT on the server, so you have not uploaded the files correctly or into the correct folder.

Have you read and followed the instructions here? WebsiteBaker CMS | Prior to installation

Step 5: Start Installation Process
WebsiteBaker has a built-in installer, that will guide you, step-by-step, through your site's installation and setup process. To launch the installer, open your web browser, and enter the address to access the directory where you've just uploaded the WB files. If you uploaded the files correctly, WB will detect that this is your first launch, and will automatically start up the installer. You should see a page titled ?WebsiteBaker Installation Wizard?.

HUGE help Minstrel thank you! I realized I was using filezilla completely wrong after your post. Website baker is up and running now. Much appreciated

-rs107

banners
Back