The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Website per Niche?

amichael

affiliate
Well, to offer some specificity to what is an otherwise vague thread topic, I just want to know if it is absolutely ESSENTIAL to make a website for every one niche you find. For instance, there's some things I'm considering within the music/film industry which I'm hoping to find a mutual niche for under the entertainment category.

The thing is, what if I've made the site, and a month later I come across a solid idea for a niche that has absolutely nothing to do with entertainment? Say computers, for instance. Couldn't I just blog about those computer products as well as entertainment services/products in the same website? Or would I have to shell out more money for another page and domain?

Ultimately, my concern is that my monetary resources are a bit scarce--to say the least--, and I'm just wondering if it IS necessary to segregate niches into their respective domains and if so, why?

I'm currently in the research stages of my aspiring affiliate marketing side-job, so I want to know these things before I'm dead-set on a niche and devote time and money to it.

It's not just about building a page to sell a product. It's also about having people be able to find yor page in search engines. And to rank decently in search engines takes a concentration of content on the search terms people would enter in search engines to find you.

In general, it is better to stick to a single product niche (not one product but just one niche) to increase your search rankings.

just a belief and thought

My primary niche is sports and if you start at the top and then break it down you can imagine the possiblities of ways to break it down. Now with that said what needs to be paid attention to is what you are tryong to put in fron of them and see how it applies to all of those aspects. If it does apply to all of them then put it on as mutual if it does not then you can simply make seperate pages and drive the traffic to where you want them.
As in the leave or stay in "your niche site(portal)" and find more information, that choice is yours on how it works.
see for instance in my case nfl footballs can apply to all but individual footballs by team or team apparel does not however philadelphia applies to 4 seperate professional teams as well as chicago and other cities and but each has a top level niche that can be on each page leading to other sports or teams. YES it can get complicated however it is up to YOU as to how you direct your traffic upon entering your website!

Think of this a city you own or are going to build from the forest up!
you create the streets, avenues, lanes, deadends and circles and stores and houses and residential areas as well as manufacturing areas that you want each of them to go to. Some peopl coming in willl help you find the spenders and some will find the others that will pass along your information and some will find the ones taht simply want to get into your business!!

of course the thought goes everyewhere because you have no idea what those coming to your city are thinking however after TRACKING for several days and or weeks you can make the necessary adjustments to close or open new roads to guide your traffic where you want it to end up!

Good Day!
3g5

If you have a hosting plan that allows multiple or even unlimited domains, you could easily build a separate site for each niche for only the cost of the domain name. This will be much more successful than trying to make one site cover several topics. As Minstrel noted, a focused site will do much better in the search engines than one that tries to be everything to everybody.

I think that its better to have only one niche per site because it will let your site rank better because there aren't a bunch of different topics, there is only one so the search engine will detect it more relevant!

If you're relying primarily on search engine traffic, then there is no reason why you can't have one large website covering a variety of different subjects. Just think about all the major article directories. They all cover a huge number of different subjects, and yet their pages always feature at the top of the search engines for different keywords.

If you're relying primarily on search engine traffic, then there is no reason why you can't have one large website covering a variety of different subjects. Just think about all the major article directories. They all cover a huge number of different subjects, and yet their pages always feature at the top of the search engines for different keywords.

Because they have a large number of incoming links to both the home page and to subpages (category pages, etc.), The average siteowner will have difficulty achieving that.

Gotcha. So, ultimately, I should just be dead set on the niche I choose and develop my site content centered on articles with heavy keyword density, links, domain name, headers, etc... all specific to what my niche is, in order to improve my SEO. Correct?

MI
Back