The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Website article word count+posts for website launch

SV90

Hey guys just wondering what you guys aim for when it comes to word count when creating posts for your niche website. I know the optimal word count is 1500-2000(or so they say). I am finding it relatively easy to create 500 word posts, and 1000 word posts with a little bit of brainstorming. But 1500 and 2000 word posts, that will take a bit of time, personally.

Also another question I have is how much content do you think I should have on my website before I officially launch it? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 50 posts and reviews combined? That way it is relatively filled with enough content. Although I do want to get it up and running as soon as possible and work on it from there, but at the same time don't want it to look bland and empty. Anyways thanks in advance for your advice.

Last edited:
Hey guys just wondering what you guys aim for when it comes to word count when creating posts for your niche website. I know the optimal word count is 1500-2000(or so they say). I am finding it relatively easy to create 500 word posts, and 1000 word posts with a little bit of brainstorming. But 1500 and 2000 word posts, that will take a bit of time, personally.

This is entirely dependent on the niche, the purpose, the subject matter, and the type of site. You will need to experiment to see which format will retain the most visitors, decrease bounces, and create the most engagement with the posts. In most cases I think 250 to 400 as a bare minimum. I use 500 to 800 on most sites, but I do have some sites that are for upper class professionals that I do 2000 word posts on. Also, adding appropriate graphics is needed.

Also another question I have is how much content do you think I should have on my website before I officially launch it? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 50 posts and reviews combined? That way it is relatively filled with enough content. Anyways thanks in advance for your advice.

If that is in one category, then you can launch with as little as 25 posts. However, I always recommend at least 20 and preferably 25 posts for each category. Be sure to post at least once a week and more often as the viewers grow. At present I write dozens of post each week for 8 sites. Six are blogs and two are subscription sites.

Writing copy, and learning to write copy well, is very important. You will love it or hate it. I happen to love it.

I love to help But I don't Do Content Marketing Dome OF the members Here will answer Soon
Good luck Buddy

That's alright no worries, thank you.

This is entirely dependent on the niche, the purpose, the subject matter, and the type of site. You will need to experiment to see which format will retain the most visitors, decrease bounces, and create the most engagement with the posts. In most cases I think 250 to 400 as a bare minimum. I use 500 to 800 on most sites, but I do have some sites that are for upper class professionals that I do 2000 word posts on. Also, adding appropriate graphics is needed.

If that is in one category, then you can launch with as little as 25 posts. However, I always recommend at least 20 and preferably 25 posts for each category. Be sure to post at least once a week and more often as the viewers grow. At present I write dozens of post each week for 8 sites. Six are blogs and two are subscription sites.

Writing copy, and learning to write copy well, is very important. You will love it or hate it. I happen to love it.

Thank you this does clear a few things up for me, 1500-2000 word count just seems to be the most common number thrown around. I think I will aim to fill it up to 20-25 posts in my main category then launch while I continue to add content. Probably will add 1-2 posts a week once I launch. I don't want it to look bland but the sooner I can get it ranking the better. Thanks again for your help. :)

Also another question I have is how much content do you think I should have on my website before I officially launch it? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 50 posts and reviews combined? That way it is relatively filled with enough content. Although I do want to get it up and running as soon as possible and work on it from there, but at the same time don't want it to look bland and empty. Anyways thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi there! I was able read your message and I want to share my ideas on this. Basically, if you want to launch your site your home page must have at least 3,5-4k words (with juicy and relevant information about what your site is). At least that's what I have right now. And aside from that, you need to include other pages as well like a blog page perhaps ( where you can post all your blog articles and update this section as often as possible), an about page, a contact page so your subscribers can reach out to you if they want to, and privacy or terms of service page (optional)... As for the blog articles, you can aim for shorter web count say 1k per article. And don't forget to optimized all your website contents.:)

Avoid doing very long posts. They have higher chances of working against you. First, people will not be attracted to reading it and then the other way is that the chances of having grammar issues are very high. Be sure to be consistent and even be able to do a 500 word post. It is simple and can be easily edited.

Hi there! I was able read your message and I want to share my ideas on this. Basically, if you want to launch your site your home page must have at least 3,5-4k words (with juicy and relevant information about what your site is). At least that's what I have right now. And aside from that, you need to include other pages as well like a blog page perhaps ( where you can post all your blog articles and update this section as often as possible), an about page, a contact page so your subscribers can reach out to you if they want to, and privacy or terms of service page (optional)... As for the blog articles, you can aim for shorter web count say 1k per article. And don't forget to optimized all your website contents.:)

Avoid doing very long posts. They have higher chances of working against you. First, people will not be attracted to reading it and then the other way is that the chances of having grammar issues are very high. Be sure to be consistent and even be able to do a 500 word post. It is simple and can be easily edited.

Thanks for the advice even though they are kind of contradicting :p I have all those pages that you mentioned teardroptony9 just working away at building and finalizing some of them.

Dr. Forum I get where you are coming from and I do have some short posts as well as some longer posts, depending on what I feel is necessary. I will be launching soon towards the end of the month and will keep you updated, along with that I will see what works better then others.

Great post i agree with him, If you make long or short content but it must be useful and attractive one

banners
Back