The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Want to Write a Great Article?

David Jackson

Here's an article marketing tip that I practice, whenever I write an article: If you want to write a great article, write a great headline first. If you do that, it will force you to write copy that lives up to the headline - at least it should.

This theory also applies to writing ads and salesletters.

David Jackson

Great tip David!

I also put a good combination of 3 keywords in the headline. Then at least 5 times the combination of my keywords in the text.

It really helps because people are staying interested in your article and it's good for the search engines!

Good tip David. The title is indeed important, as is the content!

What I like to do when I write my article is come up with three points that I want to get across. The I will write an intro - telling the people what they are about to read about. Then expand on the three points (can be more if you like!). For easy ready I have found that creating a list works best, i.e. bullet points.

Then a closing section. If the article is for a directory like Ezinearticles then you should build up to your signature link... After all, its the click at the end you are after!

Nice idea, but I agree with Pete, headline should be the second of our concern. The most important thing is the content itself because that's the essence of every article writing. Without good content no one will ever get our message. No message understood by customers means no sales

Right on David. Personally, I find it much harder to bang out the headline than the actual content... well, at least on sales copy.

Here's a couple of other tips for folks having a hard time getting that article done:
1. Write out a brief outline. Fleshing out the main points like this makes the actual writing much easier. Keeping the "flow" of the article tighter is an added benefit

2. Do a stream-of-consciousness exercise just before starting the article. For those unfamiliar, a SOC exercise is just typing as fast as you can about whatever thoughts pop into your mind. This relaxes your brain, gets your hands in the flow of writing, and makes it easier to focus on the article when the time comes.

A great headline is essential for a good article. The headline causes people to want to read your article. Also as mention good targeted keywords are needed.

I am a terrible skimmer, and I must admit. if I like the headline and the first paragraph on more than one occasion I have clicked through the resource link without even reading the article content :eek:

Here's an article marketing tip that I practice, whenever I write an article: If you want to write a great article, write a great headline first. If you do that, it will force you to write copy that lives up to the headline - at least it should.

This theory also applies to writing ads and salesletters.

David Jackson

Great tip.
I would also add: my latest discovery is to write the first sentences of the paragraphs first and then you will know how many paragraphs you will have also with writing the first sentence you make sure that you keep the readers interested all the way through.
Then I go back and expand the ideas.

Thats a great tip!! That has always helped me too and its so important! The readers are expecting a great article if you have a captivating headline!

MI
Back