The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Want Affiliate Success? Discover the Most Powerful "Secret" in this Forum!

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Affiliates - if at 1st you don't understand how this long post relates to you -
skip down to the PASSIONATE PURPLE PART OF THE POST

<strong>Profound :: Powerful :: Perfect :: Passion</strong>

I read blogs all day long. I've read thousands of blog entries from TONS of famous people and prolific writers. Today I discovered the most PROFOUND post. It PERFECTLY describes an important puzzle in my life that I've been trying to figure out for a very long time. I share this with you in the hopes that you will REALLY read it and take it to heart. I sincerely hope it has a POWERFUL affect on you too and helps you find your PASSION.

This post could have a <strong>major impact on your business and your life</strong> if you really take the time to read and think about it. My Life Puzzle??? I always encourage others to set goals. It's an important part of success right??? Everyone says so, so it must be true! Yet I'm not very good at setting goals and don't really feel very compelled to. I thought I was defective somehow or maybe just lazy. After reading the following blog I now have my answer... <strong><a target="_new" href="http://www.alistercameron.com/2007/04/28/if-you-dont-have-passion-and-purpose-greater-productivity-wont-help-you/">Alister Cameron writes</a></strong>:

<blockquote><strong>"If what you do with the best hours of your day is not also the thing you?re passionate about, <a target="_new" href="http://www.alistercameron.com/2007/04/28/if-you-dont-have-passion-and-purpose-greater-productivity-wont-help-you/">stop right now</a>!</strong>

Stop right now and confront the cold hard facts for what they are:

<strong>No amount of effectiveness training, time management skills, productivity tips and tricks or goal setting know-how will replace the critical missing ingredient of your life: passion.</strong>

Until you discover your ?fire within? you will remain condemned to a life only endured, not lived; to delicacies only tasted, not devoured; to joys only imagined, not experienced. And in old age you will lament the days of your youth, when fears about money and security kept you from taking the leaps of faith and courage in the direction of your dreams.

<strong>A life lived in moderation is not the stuff of stories told to grandchildren...
with a twinkle in your eye."</strong></blockquote>
You really need to go read this long insightful... heck its so good I can't even find words that have enough impact! Just go read this now, then come back to see how it helped me solve my life PUZZLE and will maybe help you find a piece of yours!
<strong>
<a target="_new" href="http://www.alistercameron.com/2007/04/28/if-you-dont-have-passion-and-purpose-greater-productivity-wont-help-you/">If you Don?t have Passion and Purpose, Greater Productivity Won?t Help You!</a></strong>

Did you read it? Did you have one or maybe several AH HA moments? Do you think what you just read will be a CATALYST that will help your business and your life? I hope so!

I also hope that Alister will pardon me for copying such a large snippet of the post and realizes I only did it to try to get people to the full post... to get the full effect.

I had many AH HA moments myself as I read this. There are so many lessons to be learned inside those words. <strong>So the answer to my puzzle???</strong> <em>If you do what you love and are passionate about it - things like organization and goal setting just aren't as necessary. If you are driven by your passion, as opposed to being driven by pure greed or the NEED to succeed, then things more easily just slip into place. </em> I'm blessed to be doing what I love and getting paid for it.

<strong>As I read this I thought about a couple new affiliates in my forum that have such high hopes for their affiliate businesses and are desperate to get out of their J.O.B. to do this full time. They want to go full-time in this business so bad they can taste it & have that almost spiritual drive that Alister talks about. I can't wait to share this with them and I hope it helps them find their way.</strong>

On a MUCH smaller and less life critical note, this is also why I encourage newbies to find a niche they are PASSIONATE about.

<strong><em>Building the site will be a joy, not a chore...
Writing copy will come easier and the words will flow...
Let your passion for the topic come through, visitors will feel it, success will follow...</em></strong>

What many newbies don't realize is that <strong>being an affiliate</strong>, putting up sites about stuff just for the money, getting links and writing copy for search engine spiders <strong>can be VERY BORING!</strong>

<strong>Find your passion :: Create your 1st site around that :: The money will follow ::</strong>

Absolutely right on!

If you do not have a passion for what you are doing, forget about it. You're going to get bored or burned out and be looking for the next thing around the corner. Find your passion and work it with everything you have.

Tony, so glad you caught this I was going to PM to make sure you did.

When I wrote this, I was thinking of you...

"As I read this I thought about a couple new affiliates in my forum that have such high hopes for their affiliate businesses and are desperate to get out of their J.O.B. to do this full time. They want to go full-time in this business so bad they can taste it & have that almost spiritual drive that Alister talks about. I can't wait to share this with them and I hope it helps them find their way."

Thanks for the thoughts, Linda :D

This is something that Ken Evoy taught me and I haven't looked back. My site is well on the way to getting me my home at the Oregon coast and I'm having a blast working it and watching it grow. Why? I got da passion bug goin' on!

When you have passion behind whatever you do, you're able to sell milk to a cow!

Hi Linda and Tony,

Your posts are absolutely wonderful! Yes passion is a "requirement" in this business and that's why I keep on going everyday. It became an habit for me. There are days when I get back from work, I jump right to my computer because I am naturally "pushed" to pursuit my business.

A passion for me? I think it is on a development mode, daily, when I help people or I provide what I know in this forum (and others too), I really feel accomplished in some way. When I use the products for my main afiliate program, I really feel I do something good as well (...).

To leave my JOB? Not desesperately but yes this is something that "motivate me" in some way. It was not my choice at first to eventually leave it when I started - just wanted to make a couple of buck - but as long as I was learning and discovering all sort of things about having a home business, that's the reasons why I'm thinking of leaving my JOB because I can't pursuit my dreams with my JOB, with a JOB. I want and will (I'm already doing it...) do things differently in society than with the corporate world.

Thanks for sharing it with us. And unfortunately there are people who only complain about life and they deseperately want to leave their job (they don't know why) but they don't do anything to improve their life at the same time.

Passion is the fuel of success :)

Thanks again!

One of my favorite quotes is from Albert Einstein:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

If someone is not willing to take that first step to change things, how can anyone expect them to change?

I have read this threw and I totally loved it. I also love that quote from Einstein. One of my favorites. Yet for some reason I keep hoping something different will happen. Well Tony the quote you posted reminded me and this is where I take a stand. I will change, I am sick of promoting something I care nothing for.

THANKS EVERYONE YOU'VE BEEN GREAT.:D

"I will change, I am sick of promoting something I care nothing for."

You GO Zack! Yea! I think you just woke up and I hope
things start to turn for you soon. I know how hard you are trying!

Tony thanks so much for all your encouragement!

Linda, this is SOOOO TRUE! I saw a bumper sticker once that has stuck with me for over 30 years. It simply said "Do what you love, and the money will follow". Wisest words ever spoken.

I've always felt like I had to work to make a living, and I've given away so much of my time and knowledge of my passion. If I had been trying to make money off of it for all this time, I'd be a millionaire! Well, maybe now I'll get there!

I have two...no, actually three...passions. Two of them are the basis of my website, and it's been pretty well received for an out-of-season niche market. The third is the internet. I could spend all day online, because I'm a knowledge junkie.

So I put the three together, and made a formula that works for me:
passion + knowledge + a vehicle to deliver that knowledge to people who want it + accepting help from others who have been there + lots of hard work = success!

This post has inspired me! I'm so glad I found this forum! Some higher power must have led me here.

"This post has inspired me! I'm so glad I found this forum!
Some higher power must have led me here."

Really inspires ME to share more when I know how much it helps others.
Thanks so much for the kind words!

P-squared, very appropriate.

Yes, passion is the heart and soul of it all.

When I was first introduced to Internet Marketing, I couldn't get enough. I knew I had found my true second career. I got totally immersed. I found myself constantly saying, "I love this game." I loved doing adwords and doing my best to learn and build websites. I was anxious for success too.

I got involved with low cost work from home digital products thinking this should be easy and it should be a hungry market. I was focused. But as time went by I learned more and researched more and I began to question what I was promoting. Such as surveys and dataentry. I would ask myself, "would I be happy investing what little disposable income I have on this?" No began appearing all too often.

So I took myself out of the game and sat on the bench for a while. In my heart I knew I wanted to be a successful Internet Marketer. I traded myself down to the instructional league and basically starting over to rid myself of bad habits and create new ones that are productive.

So I ended up here among other places and got the good feeling. So beginning my climb up to the big leagues by following my bliss, finding and researching quality products and services that provide value to customers and building one brick at a time. Build something solid that I am proud of not something I have to whisper about or avoid admitting at all.

Tony, you are so right about Dr. Ken Evoy. You can feel the passion in all his books and manuals. Passion about SBI, quality, simplicity, overdelivering and his daughter.

Follow your bliss for sure but also research it well.:cool:

This is so true. I have been doing affiliate marketing for about a year and it has been a long learning experience. I would say that the best way to learn is to read forums like these and try new things. What I have learned about affiliate marketing is that it builds on itself. You HAVE to put the initial work out to get to the pay off and the work is time consuming.

Building websites, writing ebooks, squeeze pages, etc. takes a lot of time and work. I use all of my spare time to work on things because once I have one of my projects done, it feels so good because it then goes on autopilot for the rest of my life! I love that! It's what makes me absolutely love affiliate marketing. The rewards for your work never end.

How inspirational this Forum is!

Wow great posts.

As I was reading this thread a line from that movie (the title I can't recall) kept going through my head:

Remember when Kevin Costner took so much and care and had so much passion about building that baseball field, he kept at it, destroyed his crop field even though everyone thought he was trippin and yet he knew had to do it,and those voices in the field kept whispering "IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME" And HE BUILT IT and THEY CAME!!! :eek:

Absolutely right on!

If you do not have a passion for what you are doing, forget about it. You're going to get bored or burned out and be looking for the next thing around the corner. Find your passion and work it with everything you have.

very well said. i have been following my passion which is writing. i'm looking for sites to submit articles to. does anyone know of any?

article sites

There are thousands of them,
ezinearticles
articledashboard
goarticles
articlecity
wetpaint
ehow
Squidoo
Hub Pages
Associated Content

those are some of the top good ones.

You can also do automatic submission to thousands of sites at once instead of sitting and doing manual submission one by one. These are paid services but they do have free versions:
Article Marketer
isnare.com

I think even after reading this, I am going to still create atleast one more website that I don't have a passion for... Although I do enjoy developing websites so it will be fun still.
The reason why I'm not letting it drop and going in a completely new direction is because what I intend on doing doesn't have much of a market yet, and is very premature; so my website will have the potential to change lives, and help people.

P.S: I've been working on the logo itself for the last two days! Can't get it to look JUUUSSTT right.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for posting the link. I loved the blog post, quoted (and linked to) it in a blog post of mine just a few minutes ago, and posted the link to Alister Cameron's blog to a couple of friends on other forums who I think will appreciate it.

David Hurley

MI
Back