The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Voluum Links Creating Random Redirect- Why?

papacharlie

affiliate
Question from a newbie:

Just started using Voluum to track offers. I think I have set everything up correctly.

1. Plugged in my traffic source (params, etc.)

2. Plugged in offer details (including placing my network generated affiliate link, set country to global). This is an offer that allows Canadian traffic (where I am located) so I should be able to test through a regular browser window on my local machine.

3. Created new campaign, which lined up with the aforementioned offer, set country to global - which generated a cg27e.voluumtrk.com link (I am using the free version)

4. This is a direct link campaign, no lander.

My question is why would the newly generated Voluum link be redirecting me to a random offer? When I use my network link it takes me to the correct offer page but as soon as I create a new campaign and subsequently generate a Voluum link, that link sends me somewhere else. Any idea why this may be happening?

I'm afraid that I can't answer your question. I have a Voluum account but initially couldn't figure it out and haven't been back yet. But I will.

This thread might help you. At the very least, you can double check whether or not your campaign is set up correctly.
Gold - Voluum - The Ultimate Guide! | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

@servandosilva is our Voluum go-to guy. He may be able to help you out with why your random redirection is happening.

I had this issue with Crakrevenue, I set up other programs through voluum and didnt have the same issue, so it might be worth asking your affiliate network if they know what the cause is. For me crakrevenue seemed to be switching out the offer for the one that was most likely to convert from that traffic (never had this confirmed, it's just my assumption passed on the information I goatherd). I don't think the issue is with voluum here

Tried a new offer- seems to work okay.

Just weird that the affiliate link worked but when I generated a Voluum link, based on that same link there was a redirect.

Maybe a better question would be, does Voluum ever insert its own redirect for any reason or would this all be done by the affiliate network?

Maybe a better question would be, does Voluum ever insert its own redirect for any reason or would this all be done by the affiliate network?
I have been using a Voluum for quite some time and never had any issues like this.

There is probably a problem or the network has set some redirect in place. Talk to your AM.

Definitely a network problem as mentioned above. Voluum can't create or redirect to random offers without links.
As long as the campaign is well setup, it shouldn't have problems.

MI
Back