The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Vocabulary Question

EJM Missouri

affiliate
What is meant by "vertical"?
I have come across this term in my reading here but cannot find a definition for it in the glossary.
Thanks.

A vertical is a section of the market.

Wiki explains it like this: "A vertical market is a market in which vendors offer goods and services specific to an industry, trade, profession, or other group of customers with specialized needs."

Example, a top vertical is "dating". In that vertical you will find heterosexual, gay, trans, etc. To dig even deeper in the vertical you can find under gay, for example, "lesbian", and under that maybe big lesbians seeking small lesbians, etc. Picture the vertical as a pyramid of sub-niches, in this case the top of the vertical is dating. There are more verticals than we can count, but there are a few hundred that top the list.

Take the motor vehicle industry that is a vertical
Passenger automobiles are a horizontal
Sports cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Pick-up trucks are all niches (or sub horizontals)
Heavy trucks is another horizontal in that vertical etc ...

Perhaps someone should add this to the glossary.

We are a year long schedule, and about one third the way through, of updating everything. We started out with bot mitigation and spam filters, then server upgrades, SSL certs, promotional contents, advertising platform, and most everything on the back end. Next on the back-end, later this year/early next year, is the newest (and strongest ever) XENFORO version (a huge upgrade project).

Next, we started with vendors and the new marketplace, then a new ad serve add-on for the vendors, webinar launches a couple of months ago, and now working on redeveloping our private forums (available to upgraded members and vendors). The new version of the private forums will be much like the Dojo we once had. Huge actionable content for free from myself and loads of coaches and product owners.

Then?... well, we have to keep some secrets for now, but there is yet loads more in store for everyone beyond all of this!

I promise, we will update our glossary as well as other necessary content to meet the needs of our membership!

A vertical is a section of the market.

Wiki explains it like this: "A vertical market is a market in which vendors offer goods and services specific to an industry, trade, profession, or other group of customers with specialized needs."

Example, a top vertical is "dating". In that vertical you will find heterosexual, gay, trans, etc. To dig even deeper in the vertical you can find under gay, for example, "lesbian", and under that maybe big lesbians seeking small lesbians, etc. Picture the vertical as a pyramid of sub-niches, in this case the top of the vertical is dating. There are more verticals than we can count, but there are a few hundred that top the list.
this is actually a great answer dude.

banners
Back