The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Video in emails

Graybeard

A How-To Guide on Embedding HTML5 Video in Email

This came in my inbox today.
I read it and it's informative (with the source code to use).

• How does this work with spam filters?
  • How can this effect open rates?
  • How are conversions (customer acquisitions) affected?
  • How is customer loyalty/retention affected?
Is video email even a good idea? Anyone tried it -- have a story to tell?

Graybeard, Jan 3, 2018

Video email marketing has been around since the 90s, however it has only recently gained more traction as a viable marketing method. I haven't made the leap just yet because when you find a method that is working, you get scared to re-invent the wheel. I've reached a happy medium and link to videos in my emails, which has shown improvement on my click through rates.

However, I have been researching it a lot and according to emarketer...marketers who used videos in their email campaigns saw real returns on their investments. Fifty-five percent reported higher clickthrough rates, 44% saw an increase in the amount of time subscribers spent with an email, and 41% reported an increase in the sharing or forwarding of emails.

Benefits of video email marketing include making a bigger impact on your subscribers, potential to go viral, and when used effectively with a youtube channel, can greatly improve your SEO rankings, since Google owns youtube and will quickly promote their videos over written content.

MI
Back