The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Video in Email Marketing

Amandagraylinng

affiliate
When it comes to giving a lot of important information at once to an email recipient, is it worthwhile putting in a video to explain everything or is writing better? Or, a link to go and watch a video on a website instead?

What has worked for you in the past?

I've never done that, so can't offer any personal experience on the marketing side. I can only tell you that for myself personally, I prefer going to the site with both options available. But that's just my preference because I like reading more than watching a long video.

I imagine it depends on your audience. Younger subscribers probably prefer video and I imagine you could capture their attention having it in the email. On the other hand, having them go to your site can help with your site visits. You could put a thumbnail in the email, if you want.

Well i also dont have enough experience to give you exact stats but i am prety sure that majority of people prefer to watch a video instead reading a long blog post ,and also video thansfer a little emotion so its very important to the viewer

The main benefit of the video format is that it can save you space in the email: sometimes, even a ten-second clip can tell more than hundreds of words. Speaking of when and for what purpose to use a video in email campaigns, options are numerous and depend on your business, available video content, and the type of the particular campaign.

• Video presentation or instructions to show how this or that product can be used.
  • Congratulations on holidays or customer’s personal milestones.
  • Conference or webinar takeaways.
  • Event invitation.
  • Q&A with your team or a guest expert.
  • DIY.
  • Behind the scenes videos.
  • Masterclasses or workshops.
  • Display of the design of a new physical location.
  • Video reports summing up charity or volunteering activities.

Better to write text. I think the video is completely uncomfortable. If you really want a video, then it may be better to insert a link to Utube.

Well, I haven't applied it yet but yes text is better than video. Through text you can explain the terms easily as compared to video. So, I think you should go for texting rather than creating a video.

You could link to an article that has the video embedded. That's what I would do and would also prefer if I were to receive the email.

MI
Back