The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Using Video to Boost Sales

I tried them with some PPC campaigns and didn't have any success but using video within my content/articles has increased my conversion rate for some affiliate programs drastically. For example, I used to convert Site Build It! at about 3-5%, but since they launched video, my conversion ratio has gone up to 10%. I wish more programs I belong to would introduce video.

I haven't applied any of my own (time time time) yet, but have noticed that AdSense ads that allow/include video seem to do a bit better than just the text ads.

Video does work and many programs are starting to wake up to the need for adding effective videos, whether they are simple Camtasia videos or High end videos with actors and so on.

I remember that several years back, there was a little talk of video.

Now, look at it.

Sure wished I had invented YouTube!

Jack:)

Yep, now with a much broader audience on cable or DSL you can push videos out in a BIG way. I think John Reese mentioned over a year ago you'd see a major transition to hybrid sales techniques whereby the potential customer is first presented with a video and option to buy; which is then followed by a sales letter if they wanted further information.

fitnfree: You're noticing Google Adsense video ads converting better? Very interesting.

If you use video, you can use bubbleply to embed an affiliate link into it.
Haven't used it yet though.

Also, if you're hosting a camtasia vid on yr site, you can set a forward to URL at the end of the vid.

PS: if you combine either of these techniques with a viral video clip and forward it to an appropriate CPA offer, you can expect to converts to jump significantly.

Stephen,
I'll be interested to hear your results.

Here's an idea.
Grab a simpsons clip off youtube, embed a simpsons'-themed zip submit, then find some viral traffic and tap off the hype from the movie, and boom...check your converts...

Oooo...haven't tried that with CPA. I'm on it.

Hi

I think video marketing is gaining the popularity day by day. Any website owner cab advertise but has to give some good information. My friend is developing some video for his website.. lets see how the effects going to be this week.
Steve

Know more about Video marketing

I tried them with some PPC campaigns and didn't have any success but using video within my content/articles has increased my conversion rate for some affiliate programs drastically. For example, I used to convert Site Build It! at about 3-5%, but since they launched video, my conversion ratio has gone up to 10%. I wish more programs I belong to would introduce video.

Your absolutely right ! even i experienced the same, videos are more effective then anything else.

I responded to this post a while ago but I mainly commented on using video for PPC and squeeze pages. Well since then I've been using YouTube videos on my site. Let me tell you guys... the results have been AMAZING. I use certain URLs in my videos so I can track the success and one video made me about $450 in one month. That's just one example.

Video does build credibility and if you have a tutorial based site it's really effective because some people would rather learn by listening than reading.

Lisa, do you mean you are embedding other people's Youtube videos on your site or posting your own youtube vids? Could you tell us more about what you are doing without giving away your niche or anything?

No I mean creating my own videos to supplement my site's content and posting them on my site. I've learned over the years that people don't read.... they skim, but when you post a video, they tend to watch the whole thing AND absorb the info better.

I used to get a lot of emails/questions on topics my articles covered and it was a bit frustrating because I would always think "Didn't they read the article?" Well, the answer is "No. Not the whole thing, anyway." But now I get emails saying "Thank you so much for posting your video. It makes sense and I understand!" Lots of "Ah hah" moments. :D

Adsense and video and sound

I have not used video yet but I realize I am behind. I believe it will work. I have added sound to my Google Adwords landing pages which loads automatically. I so far Google is ok with it. I am not sure what their official policy is but they have not stopped any of my campaigns. When I had pop ups they did.
I was wondering how they felt about automatically loaded video.

Videos can boost sales if:

They are videos that do a good sales presentation, don't assault the viewers ears with horrible audio, come across as professional, and have a specific Call to Action.

It's usually not simply a question of "Is video effective?"...more like is a GOOD video effective.

It's basically the same as copy. Some copy pulls like crazy...some copy sucks big time. Some videos (especially Camtasia vids) are great...a lot of them, well, suck.

I've seen many folks rush through making a video just for the sake of, well, making a video. I would submit that more thought and production should be put into the effort for it to be effective (most of the time).

Most savvy marketers wouldn't dream of putting up obviously lousy sales copy because they know...it matters!

Yet time and again I see otherwise brilliant marketers using Camtasia (for example) and just winging it to poor effect. I suggest using at least a well thought out outline if not a full blown script and treat it like copy...because it is!

But that's just my opinion...I could be wrong. ;)

MI
Back