The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Using products images

AA250

affiliate
Hi

I registered recently at an Affiliate marketing platform, and I mailed them asking what is the images policy.
Can we use products images from merchants' websites on our social media and websites? They quickly answered
that is not up to them but up to merchants, and that they (merchants) usually allow that if it's fair use. I
have sent an e-mail to several major brands and shopping websites (it's fashion and accessories sector)
asking for permission to use their images, and nobody answered. What you suggest?

1. Do it anyway, without permission
2. Wait/seek permission indefinitely
3. Something else

Thanks for your answers

I registered recently at an Affiliate marketing platform

What do you consider an Affiliate Marketing Platform? I ask because your description is that of an affiliate network or possibly a platform like ClickBank or Commission Junction.

Do it anyway, without permission

Absolutely NOT!

Read the terms of the Affiliate Agreement

Always the answer!

Any and all platforms, a company/brand affiliate program, a marketplace (ClickBank & CJ), affiliate networks, etc., all have a path to know what you can and cannot do to market products or services they make available to you.

As for using a brands copyrighted and/or trademarked images, you may only use them when they make them obviously available to you through the affiliate portal.

Well i think if you use a vendor image product and you promote his product then i dont find a reason to report you but dont take it for sure as the vendor maybe dont like how you promote his products and he report you thus making your content ban

MI
Back