The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Using Google To Determine Keyword Searches

Edwin

affiliate
I've just finished reading a nice detailed article about how you can use Google's services to give you great insights on keyword searches on the Google network.

The beauty of this method is that you can drill town on a country specific level for your keywords.

I've done this before, but what i found most interesting was the last piece in the article:

But you want more than that. You don't want to settle for understanding the paid search traffic you can garner with such extravagant bidding. You want to know how many searches are performed using those keywords every month. So you need to take a few more steps:

1. Multiply the daily clicks by 100. It takes approximately 100 searches to get a paid search click, so multiplying the clciks by 100 approximates the daily keyword demand. You can choose an average number of clicks within the range shown (in this case, the average of 82 and 103 is 92.5), or you can be conservative and use 82. Multiplying 82 by 100 yields 8,200 searches per day.

2. Multiply the resulting number by 30. This converts daily keyword demand to monthly. In this case, multiplying 8.200 by 30 equals 246,000, which is the approximate number of U.S. searches in Google each month for the keyword "digital video camera."

3. Divide the resulting number by the percentage of Google's market share within the target country. This last step calculates the total searches across all search engines within the country. For example, if Google has a 64% share, then you divide 246,000 by 0.64, which produces a monthly U.S. keyword demand across all search engines of 384,375 for "digital video camera."

Read a free way to estimate keyword demand by Mike Moran.

It's well worth the time! :cool:

Thanks Edwin,

Great piece. Hey guys I think you really need to go there if you want to
understand this. The screen shots and detailed instructions are helpful.

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for sharing the article with us. I found the article very informative. The in-depth explanation about the services was interesting to read. I think google has some really good keyword research tools.:)

Google actually now shows you very interesting numbers through their External Keyword Tool ? it's the ideal tool to start your keyword research in my opinion.

Remember to set the language for the country you've selected.

MI
Back