The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Using Freelancers (Fiverr...etc)

Have you used freelancers to improve your business?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BKP

affiliate
Hi everyone,

Have a question which has been bugging me for a while, but kept forgetting to ask here.

There are a lot of freelancing websites now, like Fiverr where people offer SEO optimization, striking content and review writing, posting backlinks and some can create custom video content...etc which can help advertisers/merchant at cost effective rates.

I myself am considering to trying out some of their services to see if it garners any better leads/sales.

But the thing is, there must be quite a lot of cons in using this method, and would like to know what thought the community here has on this?

Hi everyone,

Have a question which has been bugging me for a while, but kept forgetting to ask here.

There are a lot of freelancing websites now, like Fiverr where people offer SEO optimization, striking content and review writing, posting backlinks and some can create custom video content...etc which can help advertisers/merchant at cost effective rates.

I myself am considering to trying out some of their services to see if it garners any better leads/sales.

But the thing is, there must be quite a lot of cons in using this method, and would like to know what thought the community here has on this?
I know a bunch of people using fiverr and upwork, and i use the ladder to get some work done sometimes. But i will not let it take over from getting quality and it is mainly for small things i do it for :)

I am guessing that your results will vary especially depending on your expectations.

We bought some traffic there is was all bots ... LOL $5
However, I made use of this traffic to ban all of the networks' server farms AS block assignments -- so I created value out of garbage. Altogether; $15 spent on crap traffic + my time setting it up ;)

Yeah, i don't plan to use them for big jobs, but there are a lot of them claiming to have large PBN with high DA + PA.

it is these services that I'm actually considering of using.

My expectations in terms of results isn't high at all, it's more like a fire and forget plan, just spend a little budget on them, and keep my expectations at zero. If something good does come along, I'll take it with a grain of salt and a surprise.

anyone else have experiences in using freelancers? would love to hear more!

Hi everyone,

To me it's one of those deals where it can pan out at times and provide some great help. However, there's also a lot of poor providers in the mix as well. You have to weed the best out from the rest for it to be a valuable opportunity for you. If risk is something you can embrace, go for it as there's only one way to see if it will be a good fit for you or not. If you need quality work and can't waste time trying to find the better ones, I'd go with forums where people have developed a track record of producing results.

Freelancers on fiverr and upwork deliver very good results, but it also depends with your expectation since good is relative. T be on the safer side, stick to forums since some freelance affiliate marketers are just practising so don't spend what you cant afford to lose on them

It depends on what you are looking for. There is a big amount of quality things that you can order in Fiverr like voice acting, some graphics.

Fiverr and upwork deliver good results, but sometimes freelancers need to purchase through their own affiliate link to provide full service for their clients. It could be a little bit complicated for managing.

Used Fiverr a couple of times.
They take 20% from the freelancers' reward, as a commission :mad:

I addressed only the most qualified sellers, the 5 stars people with hundreds of reviews, describing what I needed.
Some didn't reply. Some replied Hi, and that was it. Some said I'll be back soon with an offer, I'm still waiting for it.

I chose one. I gave him the log in credentials in my wp admin panel. He said he had to look into it, in order to make an offer. Ok I said, but please don't start working before we have closed officially the contract (buying the gig in the Fiverr system).
He agreed.
He log in. I don't hear him anymore. I ask how is it going, he tell me not to disturb him. He had already started.
As the gig wasn't bought yet, I closed him out from my account.
He wasn't happy and neither was I.

Another one completed the gig. Unlimited revisions, said his gig. After the 3rd time I requested some revisions, he let me understand that he had already done enough. Of course I could "force" him to go ahead, as the buyer doesn't let the amount go as long as he is not satisfied, but the communication wasn't pleasant anymore, so I let him go even if I wasn't really satisfied.

I contacted a couple of sellers, asking them to make me an offer. One of them gave me a useful tip. At the end I chose another seller, but to thank him I bought a little gig from him. He had nothing to do.
He didn't even thanked me.

Another one, when he heard that I had contacted several sellers and not only him, stopped the communication.

I asked 2 questions, I got answered only for the last one, or I got some info which really didn't answer neither one nor the other, so that I had to ask again.

In general they says they are fluent in English, but some are really not.

I know that I'm not difficult to please, I had low expectation, I kept being as friendly as possible etc., so I was a little frustrated.

Anyway, as far as I can understand it, they can do their job, no question there, and the price is low.
Two decisive hard facts, I guess

Last edited:
For sure I did and have massive good results from all that things anyway. I mostly used Freelancer.com services anyway than UpWork or Fiverr, thanks in advance for asking me that. Try that site as well, they charge less then UpWork here too.

Actually I got more than I paid for.
As the thread opener asked in general about our experience there, I described (rather lengthy) mine.
All sensitivities aside, I had never the feeling of someone trying to cheat me.
As I said, my sellers were compentent and at low price, so @BKP, I would say, give it a try!

We bought 10,000 'real' (<LOL>) social media traffic hits at fiverr.
for $15 I was able to locate the sources of a lot of bot traffic -- the traffic was 98% or more fake.
I did get value for my money in a strange sort of way :D

Personally avoid sites like fiverr for SEO work, however they are BRILLIANT for content creation. You can get cheap video reviews, cheap graphics, cheap custom marketing materials, and lots of other things. Anyone that tells you that because the work is cheap that the quality is not as good because you "get what you pay for" has no idea what they are talking about (when it comes to content creation not marketing services) and likely is only making that claim because people selling so cheap cut into their losses.

My personal experience buying from fiverr....

You can get cheap video reviews,

Yup, a few years ago, I bought a few videos - intro, review and the like - they were great!

However, to save time once, I had a guy write some classified ads for me and I had to rewrite them all, they were awful. It put me off trying to get decent content from there. Not fair maybe but it did.

I've used fiverr for articles and they were ok.

Best order I ever had was an email responder series. I let the writer view my video of my affiliate product and she wrote a 7 day series. I had to tweak it but I didn't have to write it.

don't use them for anything that matters, like getting links for example. You might ruin your site's reputation. Use them knowing that your money might be lost, but that's about it. No other losses.

Still use a world of mouth to find for freelancers. If you have a vast network of contacts in FB it's easy to just post a job and ask people to help. Always work and you can check people as well.

I think lack of communication is a major issue when you are outsourcing work and perhaps, you need to be lucky, I have been freelancing for long in Upwork and have built good relationship with clients over a decade. If you are honest, remote working makes sense during this pandemic and there are times when you need expert help or you are running short of time, you can share your extra workload with remote workers and then there are many surveillance tools and management tools that will help you be in control of the quality.

MI
Back