The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Using Different Affiliate Programs for Same Niche

King Conga

I'm planning to start a blog for drum lessons. I'm in the middle of keyword and niche research now. My question is simply this.

1. If I belong to several affiliate program(s) am I allowed to link to all of them, or more than 1 in 1 blog?

2. How do I send readers to different programs?

Thanks in advance for your patience and input.

1. If I belong to several affiliate program(s) am I allowed to link to all of them, or more than 1 in 1 blog?

Of course, link away. However, keep in mind if your content or page or blog appears to simply be an affiliate sitye or page, then the SERPS will not be friendly about it.

2. How do I send readers to different programs?

What do mean by "programs"?

I think it's fair to compare offers or networks. Just make sure it is 'comparable'.
However, you need massive traffic to do a fair comparison in reasonable time and efficiently.
You need 500 to 1000 good quality ad click thrus per offer -- or a few hundred SEO or SEM clicks, per offer, to make any sense of a study like this. (Unless, you have months of time and no advertising budget).

Thanks Graybeard. Seriously. If I could change gears a little could you pls indulge me.

I'm quickly approaching the familiar point where I've been 3-4 times before where the technology itself, as well as how fast it changes begins to overwhelm me so I feel like I'm drowning in the middle of the Pacific. So, here's my question.

Is there anywhere where I can find a detailed list of all the steps to get an affiliate blog up and working. The reason I'm asking is so I can keep myself disciplined on the task at hand so my ADHD doesn't take over and I lose focus. It's like I'll be working on one particular step, then I'll see an article or whatever on how to do something else 10Xs better, or faster.

If you can help me with this you have no idea how much I would appreciate it. I SOO want AND NEED to be successful at affiliate marketing.

Thanks in advance,
GPL

How do I send readers to different programs?
Multiple ad display would be the simplest way.
Writing your own content, perhaps a review, of each selection (product/program), would work better most likely.
Another way would be to use landing pages and buy ads to get faster results. That is probably best way to go.
You could mix all these approaches too ;)

Make a list of things, tactics and possible monetization link-outs.
Making a blog oriented toward some specific conversion is going to end up being specific to that conversion.
HubSpot | Inbound Marketing, Sales, and Service Software is a good source of generalized more generic ideas ...
Most important: have a plan designed with flexible tactics that you have outlined to yourself -- if you have problems with focus, memory -- commit your pans to written notes in the form of a flow chart <<<that you can back reference too.

banners
Back