The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

USA Mobile Purchases -- Steep Decline

Graybeard

Brief:
  • The percentage of online U.S. sales made on mobile phones dipped from 43% in 2016 to 36% last year, according to a study by Forrester Research shared with Mobile Marketer. During that same time, e-commerce grew by 14%.
  • Cumbersome payment methods that require too many keystrokes at checkout are impeding the adoption of commerce on mobile, where conversion rates are about half that of desktop and laptop platforms, Forrester found. About half of people surveyed (51%) said they don't use a mobile phone to shop because it's easier to make a purchase on a computer, 30% said a mobile device's screen is too small and 22% said they don't want to use up their monthly data allowance on shopping.
  • The percentage of U.S. online adults who said they purchased physical goods on mobile phones at least weekly fell to 16% in 2017, down from 21% a year earlier. The percentage of U.S. online adults who said they don't own a mobile phone more than doubled from 5% to 11% during that period.

Forrester: Mobile shopping stalls as payment hinders growth
^^more

Keep this in mind when buying mobile traffic for mobile offers
lightbulb.png

Huh! Well, I don't use my phone for anything except phoning, texting and picture taking, don't even have a data plan. I much prefer my laptop for everything else, both for the screen size and ease of use. Also, for security reasons. I'm much more likely to lose a phone (with info in it) than a laptop.

As for how this affects the industry, the information you posted certainly makes me believe that it's best to stick to CPA and forget PPS offers, which promise little to no return for your mobile advertising money.

Well, just spent near an hour getting the css@media and images sizes to get a new website's header right -- because of all these mobile devices screen sizes. Going back and forth between my 3 pc monitors, 2 tablets 1 14" laptop (an old IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad LOL) and 2 mobile phones.

I think this website will actually get the mobile traffic -- so all of the extra time is not just a waste.

elgooG is the real beneficiary here; they will have another compatible site for their crappy Android (a hack LINUX), and have better mobile search for AdWords and AdSense :p I am going to start charging Googlebutt a fee per request soon or just 444 disconnect googlebot's ass from some of my domains Google ignores now. Who cares?

I saw a elgooG commercial this morning on CNN, targeting small business entrepreneurs and those dreaming of being one, inviting them to start and grow their businesses with them. It was convincing, had me wanting to start a biz, just so I could join them. :D They're hooking them right at the start. Uninitiated elgooG newbs don't know enough to be jaded yet.

Who cares?

Not me. I don't do much anymore but I stopped caring about them a long time ago. When a ton of small/mom and pop businesses either went out of business or turned themselves inside out to accommodate the animal releases and then when G punished sites for other people linking to them, they lost me. Not that they care, I'm sure. Think I've never outgrown some of my stubborn teenage rebellion. :D

Back to the mobile topic, I think perhaps some types of purchases could do better than others. Your vertical may be a case in point. Some people don't want their history to be found on the home computer. Consumers may feel safer using their phone. ;)

I am a big believer in the utility of tablets for e-commerce.

When will there be a real LINUX tablet :p I like my 10" Lenevo as far as watching video that I am paying for ... Netflix, Amazon Prime. It is good for watching web cam girls too :D However the transmission stream will vary a lot. I am developing (well hoping to) a P2P Adult webcam API that will work for anyone's website -- a 'plugin'. My rules :D and 'adult' will be a permitted use.

MI
Back