The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Announcement US Traffic COVID-19 Mapping [infographic]

Graybeard

I worked this up this morning from Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering (JHU CSSE) daily data.
I theorize that the mortality rate of the COVID-19 infections is a prime driver of the persons in that local area's affinity toward the whole pandemic. *fear factor* if you will.

If you can segment your advertising to these states you may do better ;)
COVID-19_mortality-rates.png

These are the most dangerous County, State combos in the US 04/20/2020 the 420 update
upload_2020-4-21_13-10-44.png

And these are the trending "hot spots" Oklahoma will be a graveyard ...
upload_2020-4-21_13-13-22.png

Wow. I watch the first part of Don Lemon on CNN every week night, last I saw, the US had more than 42,000 deaths. I haven't heard what it is today, yet.

I'm nervous for you guys with the early openings in some places.

Haven't yet to add the land areas and populations for Canada
upload_2020-4-21_21-22-8.png

US dead is currently at 45,318
2,804 Dead Last 24 hrs Tragic Record COVID-19 Day :(

Last edited:
US dead is currently at 45,318
2,804 Dead Last 24 hrs Tragic Record COVID-19 Day :(

Jezuz. Sorry to hear that! :(

As far as I can tell, just by watching news broadcasts, I think our recovery numbers are higher than yours. I don't know why, maybe just lower numbers so hospitals can handle cases better, or something.

I know our local health unit was calling around to tattooists last week, asking if they had any PPE the health unit could have for front line workers.

Not in this state ... In Georgia maybe.
I think Georgia is a potential tinderbox
Maybe National healthcare is not so bad? I really don't know why. Maybe, Canadians are staying at home and not cross-infecting each other? We will find on why in time I suppose ... Also the recovered row number makes no sense
Deaths per million;
USA 128/
Canada 49/
upload_2020-4-21_21-53-57.png

I think Georgia is a potential tinderbox

I think you're right. They could be really sorry they're doing this, although I expect a lot of people will still be nervous about going out and being close to people. Especially since their numbers are still climbing in that state, last I heard.

Maybe National healthcare is not so bad?

T'ain't bad at all. Although I have nothing to compare it to, just all I've ever known.

Maybe, Canadians are staying at home and not cross-infecting each other?

Almost (almost - one exception) everyone I know is very conscious of potentially getting it or giving it and staying home.

Well this the acceleration doesn't look like it is slowing down much
Deaths/1 million pop
COVID-19-Acceleration-04-20-2020.png

countries are color coded by right to left (reversed)
gnu-COVID-19-Acceleration-04-20-2020.png

No, it would definitely be better if that graph was the other way up. The retirement homes are getting hit pretty hard here, same as your side of the border.

I watch the prime minister's update everyday at 11:00. Unlike the endless evening blathering you guys get, ours last 20 or 30 minutes at most, usually. I'm hoping for a confirmation today that we've hit the peak. I dunno, maybe it's too soon for them to be sure, they only mentioned the possibility yesterday, I think it was.

Think of that graph as the daily race to hell.
The death rate per million is constantly growing as the spread sheet shows.

Hmmm...no one has used the word "peak" so far today - not news anchors or PM. So, I'm guessing we aren't there yet, too bad. Ontario has had another 37 deaths (retirement homes), unfortunately.

Dystopia Today ...
People want to reopen society and resume in situ (on site - in person) work. That's like playing toss the hand grenade right now with no effective treatment nor vaccine available.

Meantime, after hours finding the issue, I fixed the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma MySQL panic :D
Code:
cut -d',' -f3,5,8-11,12 john_hopkins_us_counties_$DATE.csv |sed 's/"//'|awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS=","} {print $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$1}'  |sed -e 's/^/"/' -e 's/,/",/1'| sed -e 's/^/UPDATE  jhu_daily_COVID SET  Last_Update=/' -e 's/,/,Confirmed=/'    -e 's/,/,Deaths=/2'  -e 's/,/,Recovered=/3'  -e 's/,/,Active=/4'  -e  's/,/ WHERE Combined_Key RLIKE "/5'  -e 's/,/" AND Province_State="/5' -e 's/$/";/' -e 's/Combined_Key RLIKE "Oklahoma"/Admin2="Oklahoma City"/' >jhUpdate-$DATE.sql

The auto-update choked on Oklahoma not being differentiated by being named Oklahoma City. The Net result was the Massacre of the Cherokee Indian nation --the counties they live in had very distorted figures -- Freaked me out --running in circles as to why and then finding that error in the programming.

upload_2020-4-22_12-43-31.png

Last edited:
Thanks!

I have no idea where Grand Princess is, never heard of it, will have to look that one up. Glad to see their numbers are lowish, though.

Edit - Duh! Just realized what that's about - Canadians on the Grand Princess cruise ship.

Think I a need a coffee. :D

Where the COVID-19 *Infected Zombies* Free Range in the United States. Cities and get this: Native American Indian Tribal areas and a few rural 'Bible Thumper' regions. As you can see it's mainly population density with a few notable exceptions.
upload_2020-4-23_9-10-52.png

upload_2020-4-23_9-12-45.png

Another way to look at this is the "Fear of Dying" from the COVID-19 Corona Virus Pandemic. The charts below to not take into the account of mandated stay-at-home or lock-down orders by governments. This would influence the possible product mix or offer affinity --as well as the disposable income in each country.
upload_2020-4-23_17-35-35.png

upload_2020-4-23_17-36-59.png

banners
Back