The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

upcoming Google expert content nightmare

ShortGuyzRule

affiliate
Was anyone else also struck with a serious gut feeling of impending disaster when they first heard about the upcoming Google algorithm update that will decide your ranking based on expert content versus non-expert content?

I can already see every single major Forum flooded with threads by friends buy posters who unintentionally make it obvious that they are not at all familiar with the topic well complaining that that their site last ranking due to non expert content that they created, legitimate experts being erroneously flag as well and shocking numbers and nonsense being credited as expert content and frankly I fear that my own site you might suffer even though I have without a doubt you become an expert on these topics I am NOT credentialed nor did I learn what I know through conventional channels by conventional means nor have I invested the time into creating and building authority on sites like quora or ask.fm or Wikipedia in order to establish myself as an authority on such topics because up until now I wasn't yet concerned about branding myself as an individual person so much as I was getting my sites ranked am I completely over thinking this or do some of you have some of the same misgivings I would love to hear feedback

While I quit SEO many years ago, because I was sick and tired of Google deciding if my family will eat tomorrow or not; I still somewhat rely on Google for iAmAttila.com; if you rely on SEO for your livelihood i highly recommend switching to something where you exercise more control, like paid advertising.

I can't really commend on the above, as I gave up SEO field years ago; but penalizing sites like ASK.FM that pump out 1000s of the same type of questions in different words and fill the search results with it might make sense from a user experience standpoint.

I really don't feel like my blog will get penalized; I do 0 backlink building for it as it has no monetization vehicle in place all links are organic and natural.

Alex even worse than what they penalize ask for.... its beyond whether or not its original I'm talking about sites that nothing but content that is undisputedly original authored by the sites webmaster being penalized as nonexpert opinion written expert on that topic vs

Alex even worse than what they penalize ask for.... its beyond whether or not its original I'm talking about sites that nothing but content that is undisputedly original authored by the sites webmaster being penalized as nonexpert opinion written expert on that topic vs
Oops finger slipped on phone accidently hit post too early lol but yeah expert content written by an expert vs opinion content whatever is judged by the algorithm to be opinion verses written by an expert on the topic will be penalized in rankings

banners
Back