The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

AI News UN OK With Regulating AI

Graybeard

Well, I don't think this is particularly surprising --the UN is all onboard for another do-nothing regulatory advisement agency.

Sam Altman will get what he wants: Deniability of any culpability when AI seeks to destroy mankind!
Sam can blame the UN's inefficient regulation.
Meanwhile, AI can run amok and we can manipulate AI to our purposes ... </sarcasm> or am I getting too close to the truth :D

UNITED NATIONS, June 12 (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday backed a proposal by some artificial intelligence executives for the creation of an international AI watchdog body like the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

Generative AI technology that can spin authoritative prose from text prompts has captivated the public since ChatGPT launched six months ago and became the fastest growing app of all time. AI has also become a focus of concern over its ability to create deepfake pictures and other misinformation.

While the clowns negotiate ... Something seems wrong to me about the UN dictating TRUTH ... BTW, how's the nuclear weapons control status going today :p

MI
Back