The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

U.S. Black Friday online sales hit record

Graybeard

But is this actually indexed for the year's inflation (or last years prices for the same items)? It talks around it​

Nov 26 (Reuters) - U.S. shoppers spent a record $9.12 billion online this Black Friday, a report showed
on Saturday, as consumers weathered the squeeze from high inflation and grabbed steep discounts on
everything from smartphones to toys.
I spent $1,300 or so
What did you buy or sell?

Everything seemed more expensive to me compared to a few years ago. "Online spending rose 2.3% on Black Friday,..." Inflation is 5%-40% depending on the item --so that's really a decrease if the 2.3% is not indexed and weighted by category. Bad reporting or a twisted omission of the facts?

This morning's news stations were reporting they expect Cyber Monday to exceed Fridays sales.

Holiday travel bookings for my sites went through the roof in the last 30 days. Almost 40% higher than last year for my charter funnels.

Spending is definitely is up. News this morning reported that the "pay later" options were opted into at almost alarming rates.

fredgraph.png

Sort of mixed results ...

fredgraph.png

News this morning reported that the "pay later" options were opted into at almost alarming rates.
With inflation you can pay later with depreciated currency --if the payments are deferred and carry no interest on the balance. I follow the DXY it has come down ...
1669663913961.png

They seem to sort of concur on the BNPL

Winner: Buy now, pay later … sort of​

Thanksgiving and Black Friday may have been great days to be a buy now, pay later service provider. Given the economic pressures many shoppers face right now, BNPL payment options offered a way for consumers to still get the goods they wanted.

Black Friday predictions from Deloitte projected increased use of these services, with 48% of survey respondents saying they planned to use credit cards and 37% expecting to use BNPL.

On Thanksgiving Day, online BNPL revenue increased by 1.3% year over year and orders were up 0.7%, according to Adobe data. More telling is that some shoppers are using BNPL for lower-priced goods instead of high-ticket items, with the average order value for BNPL purchases decreasing in the U.S. by 6% on Thanksgiving, according to data from Salesforce.

MI
Back