The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Twitter CAN be used for business

LeilaDee

affiliate
Seeing as how Twitter is becoming more and more popular amongst business (even Walmart uses it!) we have decided to give you a quick over view of some Twitter best practises.

Top 10 Twitter Tips:

1)Make objectives about what you want to achieve by using Twitter, and stick to them. You need to know what you want to achieve with Twitter. If there are too many things, create more than one account – each one should have its own agenda and credibility. Think about your user name. If you want to build up awareness for your own name brand, use your name, but if you want to build up your company name, you could try a mix of your name and the company name or just the company – depending on the length of your company name. E.G Leila_Interleado. You don’t want to use a name like superstar69 because it gives absolutely nothing away about you or your company and it doesn’t inspire any kind of credibility.

2)When you add your avatar try not to add a picture of you wearing a giant silly hat, or you sitting in a boardroom. You want to be a human as well as professional. You also want to inspire confidence in your business capabilities and not look like a joker. Keep it simply you –and enforce your brand (whether it’s a personal brand, company brand, or your voice in the company brand).

3)Add your URL and a small bio to your profile. People will have an online reference to learn about what you are offering them or what else there is to learn about you. Your profile reflects your brand.

4)Twitter is like micro blogging. Your messages have a limit of 140 characters. Make them count.

5)Twitter is no longer there just to tell people that your dog had 5 adorable puppies and you have decided to name them all Bob and Trudy. Now is the time to use Twitter to tell people about your business goals, your professional interests, to spread knowledge and offer customer support. Use your own ideas to spread the messages – be unique!

6)That said, by no means is it deemed acceptable to spam your followers with “Tweets”* only concerning your company and how great it is. This is a sure fire way to either lose follower or not gain any. Add a human touch by passing on the link to an article you found funny or interesting. Tweet about issues you have online, things you found on your way to work, ask questions and reply to what other “Twits (or Tweeps)”** say. Offer customer support for example. Be useful but keep a balance.

7)Add followers who you think you can learn from. Hopefully they will think the same of you and follow you in return. It’s about building up a network here, the more useful all the connections are the better for you and everyone who networks with you. This means not automatically following people who follow you too. Depending on what you want to achieve, it seems logical that you would only follow people who have things to say that you find useful or interesting in any way. This is a chance to gain new blog readers, newsletter subscribers or software users. Again, this depends on what you want to achieve with Twitter.

8)If you like what one of your followers contributed, say so! By “Retweeting”*** what one of your followers or someone you are following says, you let them know that you found what they said interesting and that you are willing to share it with others . You could also reply to them or send a direct message and let them know. To retweet something, users typically type in “Retweeting” and the user name with an @ in front of it to show who posted it originally e.g. “Retweeting @LeilaPan” then paste the Tweet here. To reply to someone you type in the user name with an @ before it e.g. “@LeilaPan nice article!”. Users can be notified when they get these replies so they will know you replied to them or retweeted their message and may be more inclined to return the favour. Try to keep a balance though, people can see when you are Tweeting your own messages or when you are replying or Retweeting – make sure you have your own voice.

9)Use Twitter regularly. The more you use it, the more interaction people see. The more use people in see in following you and the more followers you will receive!

10)Twitter can give you insight you may not have had before. It can form part of your online reputation management. Track what people say about you or your company, or both! See if people are Tweeting your articles. By responding to what people say about your brand you build up your network and credibility.

Of course there are many Twitter tools and resources out there to help you use the application as best you can. It’s all about using it and finding out what works for you. You might also want to brush up on your Twitter lingo (you could even make up your own Twords! Twitter words...that one’s all mine.) It’s fun as well as keeping you informed on how best to interact with your fellow followers.

The most important thing to remember is that this takes time, but it is becoming more and more widely accepted as a way to interact with existing and potential customers or even your niche heroes.

If you would like to follow some Interleado employees, you can follow me or our CEO, Peter Cullen.

*Twitter posts
**Twitter users
***Reposting a Tweet

There is a lot of hype about twitter recently, on the radio during the unfortunate incident of the Mumbai terror attacks, Twitter was widely praised for allowing ordinary people to get information reporters were not even able to access out.

Perhaps I need to learn how to use it differently :unsure:

It really is such an awesome way to spread knowledge about EVERYTHING. But it's also something that people either love or hate to do. Personally, I'm loving it more and more :) Its got me in touch with some of my own personal heroes in the Internet Marketing industry, given me and the company some nice exposure too. Its a good way to make connections. When I first started using it properly I got a lot of help on SEO too.

You just have to fiddle around and see what works best for you :)

I'm a big fan! It's taken me a while to find people I think are great value to follow, too many people do use it to tweet about taking the dog for a walk, etc. One guy that has really pulled together a lot of good twitter resources is Darren Rowse his twitip blog is rammed full of tools, resources and info about twitter. Another resource I use heavily is Monitter as you can enter upto 5 terms and see who is tweeting about them live. Put some terms in their and the scroll almost blurs!

Twitter CAN be use for business

Twitter is a social media where you can keep in touch with people through the exchange of quick and frequent answers to simple questions

It is really an wonderful way to spread knowledge about everything and anything you know. Now a days it is useful in the field of business by exchanging ideas, thoughts and by discussions.

MI
Back