The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Traffic delivery

Katarina Wendt

Hi
I've come cross with a lot of companies that offer traffic delivery services, selling expired links, 404 , 301 and 410 redirects.
To my understanding, using this technique will eventually get those sites banned.
Would all redirects of the sort be considered not legit?
Does anyone have some more information on this subject?
Thanks

With All This, Why Even Risk It Or Waste Money?

Traffic delivery services are bad news according to the best SEO people I know (i.e. Stompernet et all). First off, when they are selling gobs of visitors to your site, rarely, if ever, are they targeted anyway.

Another thing they do is sell 1,000s of backlinks. In reality, getting an unholy amount of links to your site overnight is NOT a good thing. The search engines see this as an unnatural phenomenon and you run a good risk of getting severely penalized or even banned all together for things like that.

There are so many ways to get good traffic that is genuinely interested in your content (and many free methods too) that it's so not worth the money or the possible bad mark on your domain.

What you're doing here by posting your questions in a forum is one way already. Other ways are:
  • Directory submissions
  • Article submissions
  • Social bookmarking (at a nice, non-spammy, natural pace though)
  • Commenting on other people's blog posts (thoughtfully, of course, not just for a link)
  • Press releases
  • Link exchange with other relevant sites that you find and contact
  • Social networking profiles (sometimes)
  • You can link to your own site(s) from your blog when relevant
  • Squidoo lenses
  • Hub pages

That's just off the top of my head at 4:30 am and should be plenty to get you started.

Personally, in the past year+, I have noticed that so much of my own traffic comes from sites where there's engagement going on, where you can have "conversations" or be "real" (IE, YouTube-just put http:// in front of your domain name for a link to your site from the video description, no HTML req).

I wouldn't say that the "oldies but goodies" should be abandoned, but see what works, what doesn't, interconnect as much as possible your 'online reputation,' and do more of what brings results for YOU.

I should stop going on and on now, but one more thing...

If you are truly ready to learn a lot and you want the real deal, not hype and fluff, you are in the best possible place right here. If you only knew how lucky you are to find this oasis of sanity early on...

All The Best,
Sheree

First of all, thank you!
I found that information very useful.
I'm exploring the field, generally, and you are right- using this kind of services- does seem to be "not right".
But the thing is, I wanted to understand how it works. So if you have some information on that, of the technical side, I'd really appreciate information on the subject. Or maybe someone can point me to some source of information?
Again, I really appreciate your reply. It gave me some new points for my research :)
Thanks!

White Hat Techniques

Hi Katarina,

Have you heard of white hat techniques that do bring traffic to the sites. It is not the case that all the companies do error creating redirecting links. I know many companies which do a much fare job and bring legit traffic to the sites and increase their page ranks.

Thanks,
McCain.

As stated by the first reply redirected traffic is not good.

I sadly fell for one of those sites when i first started trying to make money online.

Sure i got 2500 visitors but i sure as heck didn't get any sales!!!

Stick with Article submission and other proven techniques.

Cheers.

Nick

Thanks Nick!
That's exactly the reason why I'm asking about that- I need to understand
how that works, in order to know how to make things right.
Thank you everybody so much for your replies! It's very helpful!

Traffic from those sources are not targeted! You won't get any sales out of them. Invest your money on something else ;)

Those redirects maybe coming from different niches (definitely not targeted traffic) and are also shady as there are many programs that can be used to send fake traffic with unique IP's.

As stated by the first reply redirected traffic is not good.

I sadly fell for one of those sites when i first started trying to make money online.

Sure i got 2500 visitors but i sure as heck didn't get any sales!!!

Stick with Article submission and other proven techniques.

Cheers.

Nick

I have to agree with Nick. I've had the same experience in a company i worked for years ago... Even after few months of traffic and no sales we got banned from Google... Sad but True :(

White Hat Techniques

Hi Katerina,

Well, there are many traffic building techniques that help increase traffic to the site. Like the article submission and forums and the blogs. In addition to getting back-links, it is also important that those are quality back-links, which are regarded high by the major search engines.

McCain.

Katrina Put Your link In Your Signature For All The Forums That You Are A Member Of And That You Join In The Future, It's A Good Way To Get Links Back To Your Site.

banners
Back