The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tracking Google Clicks

gkd_uk

Hi

Is it possible to track where Google clicks are coming from?

For example, If I have 50 websites with Google Ads on all of them and visitors click on ads on 20 websites, does Google allow these clicks to be tracked so the owner knows which site the clicks came from?

Thanks

There is no way to tell where thay come from afaik. If someone knows different i would like to know too :)

ummm, if you can find out that, than Google Adsense will have less value, because this way you can just go for that site from where you get the users and negociate a direct deal, that may be better than spending money on Adsense

Sorry to contradict you Jamie but yes, Google/AdWords customers know EXACTLY where the click are coming from.... don't want to go into long winded Google AdWords lecture but read this stuff that I just copied from information Google give AdWords client and professionals: (BTW Google calls AdWords on sites contextual ads, and the one from its search engine search ads)

[SIZE=-1]Tracking Your Contextually Targeted Ads[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Tracking how your ads perform is important in determining what works and what does not. With proper data, you can make a more informed decision about how to adjust your messaging, keywords and bids for the greatest success.
To see how your ads are doing on various pages in the content network, launch the Placement Performance Report (PPR). This report shows performance statistics for your ads on specific domains and URLs. You will get information on where your ad is shown, as well as the CPC, total clicks and total impressions from sites where your ad appears.
Before running the report, try implementing either Google conversion tracking or Google Analytics — both free programmes accessible in your account. Conversion data often provides the clearest insight about how your ads are doing on a specific site.

[/SIZE]

Ummm, here is a thing I did not know. This info is useful for other campaings also, if you have access to that kind of information, allthough I never tried to get into details on this domain.

As Temi said above you can track your ad as an advertiser, and there are many scripts out there that track clicks etc as a publisher. I can tell you exactly whch ads convert best etc.

I am talking about my software tracking what search phrase resulted in the click through, what advert was clicked on, and how much I earned from that click. :)

But there is quite and advance tool in Adwords interface to do all the tracking for you.

Temi, I am talking about adsense not adwords. I grab all the data for every penny I earn from adsense, the advert, the advertiser, the target url, the value, the page it was on, the location on the page, the search referrer etc. it allows me to replace poor performaing ads, remove poor erformiong advertisers and test until I am getting the maximum CTR and earnings.

Ahhh, I see OWG, that is right, every one on this thread seem to be talking AdSense and I have been talking AdWords, apologies.

banners
Back