The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tracking Clickfunnels campaigns with Voluum

Succeedright

affiliate
Hi All, pretty green here and hoping for some help.
Have blown a hundreds of dollars running traffic trying to get tracking to work and am in desparate need of help.
Q. With a self hosted offer like a Clickfunnels opt-in, how do I know what variables to use?
ie: an affiliate network might tell me to use cid to push the clickid to Voluum but with a Voluum pixel on a Clickfunnels thank you page I am at a loss.
Voluum gives a list of tokens to use but what variable will my landing page recognise, how do I know?
I really want to track conversions and keywords but not sure how to setup campaign links or post back pixel variables.
I assume I can't use S2S tracking, at least I don't know how in this scenario... I have successfully implemented tracking conversions and keywords with affiliate networks where their documentation has the variables but what about on a landing page?
Please help.
Cheers

@Succeedright I think you are mixing many terms and ideas, so let's solve them one by one.
Voluum gives a list of tokens to use but what variable will my landing page recognise, how do I know?
There are some edge cases when you might want to pass Voluum tokens to your landing page in a lander URL - like {tracking domain} if you use the same lander in campaigns using different domains to make the click tracking work (the domain used in a click URL on the landing page that redirects to an offer needs to match the domain used within the campaign URL) or {device} to display dynamic content on your LP ("Click here, iPhone user!").

But in most campaign setups and campaign funnels there is no need for that. Landing page is yours so there is no one to share your data with, not like with cases of passing information to an affiliate network platform or back to a traffic source.

If I got it right, you use Clickfunnels to build your landing page, what affiliate network you take the offer from?
What traffic source you use for this campaign?

Copy the above content and paste it in the <body> section of your
‘Thank You page’ code (in the code of the page visible after conversion)

Thank you page is advertiser, how can I set the code on the page?

Thank you page is advertiser, how can I set the code on the page?
If you cannot access that server you cannot.
--in a nutshell

The SPONSOR [ (offer owner/end seller) (you are the advertiser/referrer) ] needs to do this but they probably will not unless you have a large conversion volume as it is a specific code.

The exception being if the code can be added dynamically to the HTML. Ask the sponsor if that is a possibility.

Alternatively, if available, use a return url from the offer's thank you page that will redirect to your own page, on your server --then put whatever code you want on that page and track it (somehow).

banners
Back