The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tracking Campaign

benteo

affiliate
Hi all,

I am trying to understand the flow starting from the traffic source to the cpa network, assuming a tracking software such as prosper202 or cpvlab is involved..

Diagrammatically, should it be the following?

traffic source -> tracking software -> cpa network

or

traffic source-> cpa network->tracking software

Any explanation is appreciated.

Regards,
Ben

Hi benteo,

When using a tracking solution with a campaign, the links from your network offer will be added to yoour campagin in the tracking software. You tracking solution will then give you links for your ads & code to place on your landing page (if you use one). There are variations on this, but this is the general flow.

For example:

I have a dating offer i am promoting that uses a landing page. I log into my network and copy my offer link. Then I log into my tracking software and create a new campaign. I am asked to enter my offer link, along with a few other questions including whether or not I am using a landing page. I check the box for landing page and save my campaign. My tracking software then gives me 3 things, a link to use for my ads, code to put on my landing page, and code to use in the links to the offer from my landing page.

As I said, there are variations on this. Also, while the general idea is the same with all tracking solutions, they all don't work exactly the same.

banners
Back