The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Town Portal plugins.

OldWelshGuy

affiliate
My daughter Lottie (aged 8) Wants to start a small town community portal for where we live. I have told here that she will be 9 in July, and that it is about time she got a job, as I was 9 when i got my first job. I have agreed to help her a little, and that all the revenue from the site will be her pocket money!

Ok background done, on to the question. The site is a local portal, so we need a community where people can register and contribute. The things we would need would be some sort of calendar, where people can add their events, birthdays, community ocasions like the churches, scouts, clubs and pubs football and rugby fixtures etc. But the individuals must be able to contribute to a cenral calendar, rather than having to look at 20 peoples calendars to try and finsd what is on.

I would like a message board of course, and an image gallery. This can be central or individual

What are your thoughts on this with regard plugins etc? And does anyone have any examples.

She has no capital to work with, and I really don't want to lend her money to buy plugins unless I have to, as I don't want her first business venture to be started with borrowing.

Thanks for your help :)

OWG, If I were you I would download the latest stable joomla install package and have a look at this "demo page". It seems that this site presents a really wide variety of components and modules, of course you may check their operation as well. I belive you will find there what you are looking for:)

MI
Back