The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[Totally Newbie] Domains, Landing Pages and Hostings

Zura

affiliate
Dear all,

Currently I am trying to solve all technical topics in my head before creating my first campaign since I am beginner in these tech stuff :(

I need to get separate domains for each of my campaigns, and create new subdomains for my different landers/offers etc in each campaign, right? However, purchasing only 1 hosting is enough for all those domains/subdomains in my first campaigns I guess...

Another topic is about financials... My native currency is highly devalued against USD and Euro. Even small $ and € amounts becomes high amounts in TL, therefore I am trying to find some economical solutions. While googling, encountered with AWS. Have you any experience with AWS, is it ok to start with their free plans for hosting?

Well, It's not required to purchase separate domain names for every campaign, I've seen affiliates using the same domain for multiple campaigns and separate directory for different landing pages. For example, domain(.)com/1/ can host one landing page and domain(.)com/2/ can host the other landing page.

Using a relatively new approach with gTLD, you can use subdomains and make it look like a real domain, I've seen plenty of adult marketers using this tactic. Let's say the domain name is "com-hookups(.)live", hence the subdomains can be "getlaid.com-hookup.live", a typical URL with your lander will look like "http:// getlaid(.)com-hookup(.)live/lander/". Hence saving some bucks for small scale affiliates.

Regarding server, It is true that AWS is free for 1 year and it is absolutely okay to use it but without a lot of technical knowledge, you will not be able to set it up to host websites because it is unmanaged. What you are looking for is a managed host that comes with a panel to host websites with a file manager. So, you either hire somebody to manage your AWS VPS or buy a managed server.

Hope that helps!

Hi @Aditya007, thank you very much for your reply. You enlightened me especially for domains :) I will purchase a very general domain something starting with "com-.." and create subdomains for my each campaigns. And I will host landers on those domains with domain(.)com/1/2/3 etc... Since I will be paying for only one domain, it will be economical in my first steps.

As for hosting part, I googled some today and found some economic offers such as shared hostings of namecheap. Most probably I will go with it since it has cpanel as well. Hope that I will be launching my first campaign in a couple days :)

Honestly, I don't generally suggest shared hosts because more often than not it costs me the same as unmanaged VPS and I haven't personally used a shared host in years. Keep it in mind, you'd always want to minimize the loading time.

Keep it simple
  • just use the parent domain with a path
You say 'campaigns'; with CPA and an ad network>tracker>offer path sub domains will only cause a n00b issues with correct configurations. SEO is meaningless in this scenario.

//example.com/1234/22/ you can substitute words for numbers for clarity

The cheap AWS bucket has a control panel but AFIK only static HTML with Javascript is available. If you are just starting out this may be adequate. You can always move up to a real server as you see money being made from your efforts. You can get a lot of VPS unmanaged for $5-$20/mo. But you need to learn Server Administration to work without a control panel --that's advanced stuff.

I purchased a shared hosting service and registered a general domain to host my landing pages. Yet now I encountered a new problem :) Lets say my domain is "test1(.)com"; its name servers are selected as that hosting service name servers. It all looks ok.

But the tracker I want to use (free tracker of cpa network) wants me to add a domain with their nameservers for their tracker. I this case I can't use my main domain "test1(.)com" since it is used for hosting, right? Do I need to purchase a seperate domain just for tracker usage?

Your users won't be able to see your tracker's domain so you can also use a free one from freenom.com or get a $1 gTLD domain.

MI
Back