The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Thoughts on a new service

What is the principe behind this script? Does it pull samples of existing names from somewhere or how does it create two-word variations?

There's a back end featuring about 200 common suffixes and prefixes (at the moment, I'm adding a few more at the moment plus a way of combining the keywords). That's the way it generates names, by combining a keyword and a prefix/suffix :)

And I thought it did LSA :(

Latent Semantic Analysis (LSA) is a theory and method for extracting and representing the contextual-usage meaning of words by statistical computations applied to a large corpus of text. The underlying idea is that the aggregate of all the word contexts in which a given word does and does not appear provides a set of mutual constraints that largely determines the similarity of meaning of words and sets of words to each other. The adequacy of LSA’s reflection of human knowledge has been established in a variety of ways. For example, its scores overlap those of humans on standard vocabulary and subject matter tests; it mimics human word sorting and category judgments; it simulates word-word and passage-word lexical priming data; and, as has been reported, it accurately estimates passage coherence, learns ability of passages by individual students, and the quality and quantity of knowledge contained in an essay.

:confused:

Yeah, it does that too **smiles and nods**

I'll have to read that at a non-friday night going out time! If I can follow it, and come up with a method of doing it, I'll add it to the site :)

Rhyswynne,

Your site is great! I didn't mean to suggest anything other than that :)

I'll use your site, and blog about it as well :)

BTW, It's still 12:19 in the afternoon here :(

I wasn't meaning it in a derogatory way. I'm always looking for ways to improve things I've done, especially in PHP terms (I feel that if I'm not going to become the Welsh John Chow - then I'm going to have to improve my PHP skills as I'd love to get into the web development side of things), just Friday night is me time :)

Don't worry, 5pm comes surprisingly quick for a friday for me (it's because I finish at 4, so 4 takes forever, but 5 is really quick :D)

I too think that your site is quite the handy little tool. I typed in a four word key search and it popped out pretty quick. I did notice though alot of the dotcoms for my industry are taken already. Ahh well, very handy and not cluttered at all. I think you did good with the landing page.

Well, pushing has started (promoting the sites on a few forums, my new theme Jagielka is based there), and I've added 1 & 1 domain registration (waiting for godaddy to come through still :(). Let me know what you think!

If you go generate a brand name from the home page, then click "check availability" to do a whois lookup, it should appear on the right hand side.

Ohh... I see now.

You show registration price and two registrars. Also you are planning to add more.

Which price is shown? May be you should make it something like "best available price" and show lowest or display all options...

Last edited:
I'm planning to add more yes (Godaddy as soon as they accept me), but the price at the moment is just 1-2-3 reg. Should do best available :)

MI
Back