The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Thoughts on a new service

rhyswynne

affiliate
Hi everybody :)

I've been playing around with a new website recently in order to kid myself that I'm not being productive playing games for Retro Garden :)

Anyway, it's a simple website which I hope will generate me a little extra income in the future.

The website is called "My Brand New Brand" and it's basically a service where you can generate names for websites/brands/domains etc. based on keywords you give to me.

The website is basically not finished, what I'm after is thoughts on the design and look of the site. Also, I hope to attract webmasters to this site, how should I go about promoting it to them?

My Brand New Brand

Last edited by a moderator:
Bagi posted link somewhere to similar site which generates random easy to pronounce brandable names but does not use any keywords...

Keep design simple with minimum graphics for the fast loading.

Dammit! I knew an idea so good had to have been done before :)

I'm not planning on adding anything more to the design, other than maybe a menubar for added features.

I don't think there is anything wrong with doing something that has been done before provided once does it differently or approach it from a different angle

Do you think that a google approach would work? (no clutter on the home page, certainly no more than what I have now, then pages leading off from a menubar near the top?

Hmmm...odd, I'm getting results all the time.

Try just putting in one keyword.

I'll have a think about the animated gif banner, see if I can replace it with anything :)

I'm thinking like Rhyswynne here - with a Google looking approach. Maybe ads on the
right/left side?

I'll try the one word search now.

One word gets results, while a 2 or 3 word search gives:
Domain Name Must Contain Alphanumeric Characters or Hyphens (-)
I've tried separating the 2 word search with - but get the same message.

Right, that's something I will need to work on. Will have to sleep on it though, too tired to do anything at the moment! :)

Works!!!

Hey - just a thought, but can you put check on it, so if a suggested domain name is
available, it'll show that?

I was just thinking of something like this:

1. You type in your keywords
  2. You get many results back
  3. If you like one, and click it (or mouseover?), it shows that domain name as "available"
But this comes from me, the one who doesn't have to do any of the work :crazy:

If you click on ther names now, they do a whois lookup for a number of popular domains.

I got it tied in with 123-reg affiliate scheme, any other domain registration companies I could affiliately tie it in with (applied to godaddy already).

It would be a good idea to get some sort of idea of who people register for. I'd like to offer a number of services to people. Who do you register domains through (just out of interest)?

banners
Back