The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

This is why some SOI offers will never convert

WBSS

Some SOI offers will never convert even when you are doing everything right.

I've been testing a lot with SOI offers and I realized that some offers are just not converting.

Why? The truth is that for a lot of SOI offers the pixel will not fire right the user signs up.

After the user signs up they have to answer a lot of questions somethings up to 10 pages and finally by then the pixel will fire and you will get credited for a lead.

So if a user signs up and decides not to answer the questions you will not get credited for the lead.

Which is basically stealing the leads you brought!

To make it work out you need to have a high converting offer and a high quality traffic source.
You need both.

I had once a campagne with a high converting landing page and I got clicks through the lander and everything and not a single conversion. Why? It was all bots clicking through the lander.

So that will show you how important it is to have quality traffic.

You might failed in the past, but maybe you were doing everything right but had a bad offer or bad traffic.

Btw not all SOI offers are bad, they are a handful of good ones that convert right after the user signs up or one page after (depends on the offer)

It is really a shame that some advertisers are doing this, but beware of it and work with a good affiliate network.

To make it work out you need to have a high converting offer and a high quality traffic source.
You need both.
The value proposition that the customer (viewer/referrer) sees really matters a lot.
It is really a shame that some advertisers are doing this, but beware of it and work with a good affiliate network.
SOI should be a low bar effort --qualify them on the opt-in. From the lead buyers end: they are dirt cheap contacts --you need to see enough conversions to make the ad spend profitable. When it looks unprofitable toss the SOI offer like a pair of dirty underwear --get rid of the stink

Some SOI offers will never convert even when you are doing everything right.

I've been testing a lot with SOI offers and I realized that some offers are just not converting.

Why? The truth is that for a lot of SOI offers the pixel will not fire right the user signs up.

After the user signs up they have to answer a lot of questions somethings up to 10 pages and finally by then the pixel will fire and you will get credited for a lead.

So if a user signs up and decides not to answer the questions you will not get credited for the lead.

Which is basically stealing the leads you brought!

You need both.

I had once a campagne with a high converting landing page and I got clicks through the lander and everything and not a single conversion. Why? It was all bots clicking through the lander.

So that will show you how important it is to have quality traffic.

You might failed in the past, but maybe you were doing everything right but had a bad offer or bad traffic.

Btw not all SOI offers are bad, they are a handful of good ones that convert right after the user signs up or one page after (depends on the offer)

Well if an advertiser is paying up $6-8 in their soi offer, they are expecting to get a lot of user info, not only a simple email address, most easy soi offer wont pay more than 1-2$

Well if an advertiser is paying up $6-8 in their soi offer, they are expecting to get a lot of user info, not only a simple email address, most easy soi offer wont pay more than 1-2$
I agree, but if they offer says it is an "SOI offer" and it doesn't convert after they sign up, then it is basically stealing your leads.

There was a time when I did SOI, but that time has passed for me. I do occasionally promote a network offer that permits SOI promotions, but I always send them to my DOI lists, and sometimes as a solo to someone else's DOI list. DOI's outperform SOI's by a vast margin.

you need to have a high converting offer and a high quality traffic source.

With high quality offers and traffic, if a person can afford the funnel from start to finish, I really see this as the low hanging fruit. High quality offers and traffic are far easier to dial in IMO. You just need the budget for them.

After the user signs up they have to answer a lot of questions somethings up to 10 pages

If I were to promote something with a 10 page requirement (I really would not), I would first want to know this up front and then I would prepare the responder for the 10 pages with a lander of my own to pre-sell the deal and pre-sell the ten pages. People like to be rewarded and when presented an opportunity for a reward, they tend to perform better.

Well, the network is not in control of the advertisers requirements. Some networks like you to think they do, but they do not!

Most of the advertisers have no clue that they are shooting themselves in the foot when placing extreme restraints on the conversion process. People have short attention spans and an advertisers offer ignoring this always results in poor performance.

Most reputable networks should have the conversion point listed in the offer description.

SOI offers that convert after a survey, X amount of questions or whatever I would just skip. CR and EPC is way to low on them most of the times. At EagleCPA SOI equals an actual SOI registration. Offers with 2+ pages to convert aren't SOI but are survey offers :).

banners
Back