The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

the importance of coach/mentor

female_9999

affiliate
hi everyone. i've been doing online marketing for 2 mo or so. I've done PPC for my affiliate offers and just lose my money. I wanna do CPA and dont know where to start...should i get a coach/mentor/guide/whatever...? of course, im not a totally newbie - i know what is ppc, ppv, cpa and so on..but i dont make money. My goal is to make a full time incomd and i wanna be realistic - If i would make 1000-2000 doll/mo it would be great. how much i should invest and how much time it takes to reach it..? did you have a coach?
is it worth? i just feel that i cant loose money anyymore!

thx, :)

hi everyone. i've been doing online marketing for 2 mo or so. I've done PPC for my affiliate offers and just lose my money. I wanna do CPA and dont know where to start...should i get a coach/mentor/guide/whatever...? of course, im not a totally newbie - i know what is ppc, ppv, cpa and so on..but i dont make money. My goal is to make a full time incomd and i wanna be realistic - If i would make 1000-2000 doll/mo it would be great. how much i should invest and how much time it takes to reach it..? did you have a coach?
is it worth? i just feel that i cant loose money anyymore!

First of all, if you have been doing online marketing for only two months, then you are a total newbie. Nothing to ashamed of, but you don't have a handle on this business according to what you have described here. It seems that you have not done any in depth research or established a plan. Your statements and questions reveal to me that you are wanting someone that will give you a plan to make some money. Well, it's a business and you have to develop your own plan and you can do that through the following steps.

1. You need to develop a base knowledge of this business and define an area of the online business world where you plan to start.
2. I see that you have 2 posts, you haven't participated in any of this forums areas. In order to gain knowledge and help in this business, you will need to get involved in the forum and build relationships. Develop business plans, learn the elements of the area you wish to develop.
3. Take action and post the results in the forum so that others can see what you are doing and offer help.

There are no short cuts, there are no magic 1 button programs that churn out money for you, there are no marketers in any forums that will just say "Oh, you want me to show you everything I do to make money?". It's a business and there are many people here that will help you when you get involved in the forum, get involved with your business, and then ask for guidance.

Read through our Wiki and take notes. Get involved in the forum areas that you are attracted to. Also, no matter what you do, you must learn tracking. You will also need a VPS, tracking software, join some networks, and experiment with various verticals to see which ones are a good fit for you.

You are in the right place, but it seems to me that you have yet to get your learning curve going. We will all offer our assistance and our knowledge when we see you taking action and getting involved in your business and our forum!

Last edited:
Hello there! I've just celebrated 1 year in this business yesterday :) It has ups and downs, moments when you are thrilled, moments when you want to quit. Just like all beginnings. I think it's worth it, but it takes a lot of work to become even close to good. I'm just beginning to feel the "business" and enjoy it, but I know there's still a long road ahead for me! The important thing is to enjoy the trip, it allows you to meet really nice people :)

hi here. thanks for reply. did you loose lot of money in your first weeks? what training did u have? when did u see your first profitable compaign?

I am replying to this thread because of tjtutor's reply. I have read other posts by him and they are very helpful. This one is also. but perhaps not the way it is intended. The OP asks if it is worthwhile finding a coach/mentor. I am almost at that point myself. I am a noobie, noob. I have signed up for 4 or five programs. About $200.00 dollars so far. The programs all seems to gravitate to this theme. Follow these instructions step by step and you will totally dominate google search.

Here's my frustration. It seems that the step by steps for me are step by misstep. If the instructions are a year old, many of the tips are not relevant or even useful. I will give you an example:

Google Keyword Planner. The courses tout this as the ultimate niche finding tool to build a killer website to totally dominate google search and bring tons of vistors to your site so you can make oodles of money and, I guess, start your own course. My simple question to the gurus is "Why can't I get to this marvelous tool you are raving about and is the building block of your course which I paid you money for?"

I have asked this question on other forums and have google the h*** out of it. Here is what I get:

Google "google keyword planner" SERP adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/Home

A click takes me to. google.com/KeywordPlanner

Where I am required to sign in to my google account. I do am am sent to adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home?__u=3937306932&__c=6625545732#cp

Where I am required to enter my Website URL. I do and am sent to the adword campaign section.

Nowhere do I find this Google Keyword planning tool green dropdown menu that is the fabulous ultimate ninja dominating tool, the first step to my money making world.

That is why I am at the point of paying someone to answer the specific questions. The general questions are scattered throughout the blogosphere.

I was impressed with tjtutors answer, because he did not offer his services or plug another course. but I agree with female___9999, I would like an up to date, straight forward, direct answer to my questions and am at the point where I would pay.

I would say that requirement of A coach or mentor vary from person to person and circumstances to circumstances.
The person who have money and can invest in exchange of quick learning then He/she should get a mentor/coach.
But if you don't have money but have plentiful of time then your only left with choice of self learning.

Both self learning and having coach/mentor have it's benefits and disadvantages so you can't really say which one is better.
Self Learning
- Time Consuming
- Slow learning
+ Get chance to learn new things
+ Long journey so chances that you may find new people and enjoy very much

Mentor/Coach
-Costly
- Point to point knowledge( if you get stuck in a problem it will be hard for you to overcome it)
+Time Saver(Time is Money)
+Knowledge of proven methods from a expert

But one thing is sure that either you way learn but you have to put hardwork yourself ,no one will do anything for you(unless you pay them).
Another thing You have to spend either money or time to make the other one.

This was entirely my opinion and not some kind of proven facts so they may be wrong or unhelpful.

I would say that requirement of A coach or mentor vary from person to person and circumstances to circumstances.
The person who have money and can invest in exchange of quick learning then He/she should get a mentor/coach.
But if you don't have money but have plentiful of time then your only left with choice of self learning.

Both self learning and having coach/mentor have it's benefits and disadvantages so you can't really say which one is better.
Self Learning
- Time Consuming
- Slow learning
+ Get chance to learn new things
+ Long journey so chances that you may find new people and enjoy very much

Mentor/Coach
-Costly
- Point to point knowledge( if you get stuck in a problem it will be hard for you to overcome it)
+Time Saver(Time is Money)
+Knowledge of proven methods from a expert

But one thing is sure that either you way learn but you have to put hardwork yourself ,no one will do anything for you(unless you pay them).
Another thing You have to spend either money or time to make the other one.

This was entirely my opinion and not some kind of proven facts so they may be wrong or unhelpful.

I absolutely agree 110% with Mutanbull, I started trying to earn online about 8 months ago and I don't even have a family member who even looks at a computer. I have owned my own contractor business for 20+ yrs, so I know certain truths like "it takes money to make money, or your business is what you put into it"! That being said, in the particular business of online marketing there are always free versions of the tools one needs. For example painting, I need a van, a paint brush, a spray machine, etc...I HAVE TO PAY for these. However, in online business my tools are auto responder, website, traffic itself, etc... So being a struggling newbie with no money, I had to teach myself. And these free tools and free courses are not as easy or noob friendly, but you gotta want it! I have been burned in the beginning, but it only sharpened my wits and knowledge of who was out there. And because I didn't pay for a couch to hold my hand, the things I learned I will never forget because learning the hard way is always true learning. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you got cash and all you want is to invest for a return then go for a coach, or stocks, but if what you have is a passion for marketing online in any aspect, do yourself a favor and use a mentor only on the things you have completely tried to learn and couldn't!

Great posts by everyone on the thread. I guess the only thing I can add to this would be

1. dont get overwhelmed with information. some of the information you will use, some of it you will not have time to use. this is a very simple fact that you need to know. time is a limited asset, but use it wisely. Pick some strategies that you learn and just go with it.

I understand that you are new. I have been in affiliate marketing in one way or another since 2007. I have been in sales and marketing for more than 15 years. I hold multiple degrees in marketing and have run the marketing department for a few businesses. I do this now because of the stress that type of life was giving me. Not tooting a "horn" or whatever, but i have really just simplified my life to what I need and what let go of the rest. This is something you need to do as well or will eventually. i think everyone should to a point.

Going through and listing strategies on a post will only serve to confuse you, even though they are not hard for the most part. But I would break it down kind of liek this

1. pick a few networks to go with. I say this because you want to have a good mix of niche related offers. Do your research on networks and make sure they have a good track record of paying on time. Part of your budget will be tied up in advertising, so you need return on your investment sooner rather than never.
2. pick a good niche or handful of niches to explore
3. learn all you can about tracking and postback
4. optional -- learn to code. this is something i still struggle with, but it couldn't hurt to know a little.
5. be very comfortable with social media and set out to learn everything about every type of social media outlet
6. create niche websites often (splash pages for offers as well as squeeze pages for email submits)
7. stay active on forums

There is way more but i am limited on time. I wish you the best of luck. !

banners
Back