The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The Ideal VPS

margo09

Hey Guys,

I have been insanely looking for the ultimate VPS SSD server with the best prices out there. I managed to find a few. But the problem is, I don't know what are the perfect specs for a vps that'll be used for landing pages purposes.

Thanks in advance

Hey Guys,

I have been insanely looking for the ultimate VPS SSD server with the best prices out there. I managed to find a few. But the problem is, I don't know what are the perfect specs for a vps that'll be used for landing pages purposes.

Thanks in advance
Don't dig so deep into it, get going instead.
Just get a VPS at digitalocean and buy some traffic instead.

Heard good things about DO, but downside is they aren't true HA "Cloud" servers. If you can manage the VPS, use Cloud9 Code on vservercenter.com to get HA VDS(Virtual Dedicated Server), %90 off first month($29.95 plan), get you started with 2 GB RAM, 50 GB disk then scale up from there as needed when traffic/pages grow.

Don't dig so deep into it, get going instead.
Just get a VPS at digitalocean and buy some traffic instead.

I appreciate your advice, but I'm in my research/learning phase, I want to absorb as much as I can of information organize it then start to know where I am and where I should go.

Heard good things about DO, but downside is they aren't true HA "Cloud" servers. If you can manage the VPS, use Cloud9 Code on vservercenter.com to get HA VDS(Virtual Dedicated Server), %90 off first month($29.95 plan), get you started with 2 GB RAM, 50 GB disk then scale up from there as needed when traffic/pages grow.

Thanks for your suggestions. But the problem I have is, what are the requirements a VPS needs for a smooth running landing page. taking into consideration the website would be used for landing pages purposes only.

Go with DigitalOcean, Vultr or Linode.

Again, I just want to know the specs of a vps for an ideal landing pages speed.

Thanks for your suggestions. But the problem I have is, what are the requirements a VPS needs for a smooth running landing page. taking into consideration the website would be used for landing pages purposes only.
Seriously, if you buy a $10/mo VPS at DO and install nginx on it it will be able to handle more than 100k visits/day (I've done it).

Seriously, if you buy a $10/mo VPS at DO and install nginx on it it will be able to handle more than 100k visits/day (I've done it).
I'm a little new to this VPS thing. I have taken a look at their website and saw that they call them droplets ( I don't know why). Anyhow, what is a nginx? and is it friendly platform?

Comegetbravo, is that with the free download? I see beyond that nginx gets pricey quick. Perhaps Cloudflare CDN if static pages. That 2 TB transfer and 1 GB RAM wasn't restricting with 100K/day? Just curious. Margo-check out this WHT forum thread-Nginx Server + Cloudflare = Useless?, not apples to apples exactly but good responses that explain much more, then I would look at Nginx to see for yourself. Droplets is just their brand name put on containerized VPS.

I'm a little new to this VPS thing. I have taken a look at their website and saw that they call them droplets ( I don't know why). Anyhow, what is a nginx? and is it friendly platform?

1) "Droplets" is just what they call their VPS's. It's a marketing thing.
2) NGINX is a web server, like Apache or IIS. It's light-weight by default so a lot of folks use it to improve effeciency (rather than trimming down a default install of Apache for example). It does take a bit of system admin knowledge to use, but it's easy once you learn the basics.
3) Digital Ocean doesn't offer backups by default. You have to pay extra for it. So, if something happens to your server, you're up the creak unless you've paid extra for their backups. Even when you pay extra for backup, you don't get a lot of control over it.
4) If you're new to system administration, you might want to consider a Managed VPS, at least to begin with while you're learning.

Hope this helps!

Comegetbravo, is that with the free download? I see beyond that nginx gets pricey quick. Perhaps Cloudflare CDN if static pages. That 2 TB transfer and 1 GB RAM wasn't restricting with 100K/day? Just curious. Margo-check out this WHT forum thread-Nginx Server + Cloudflare = Useless?, not apples to apples exactly but good responses that explain much more, then I would look at Nginx to see for yourself. Droplets is just their brand name put on containerized VPS.
I'll make sure to check out the thread. Thanks a lot

1) "Droplets" is just what they call their VPS's. It's a marketing thing.
2) NGINX is a web server, like Apache or IIS. It's light-weight by default so a lot of folks use it to improve effeciency (rather than trimming down a default install of Apache for example). It does take a bit of system admin knowledge to use, but it's easy once you learn the basics.
3) Digital Ocean doesn't offer backups by default. You have to pay extra for it. So, if something happens to your server, you're up the creak unless you've paid extra for their backups. Even when you pay extra for backup, you don't get a lot of control over it.
4) If you're new to system administration, you might want to consider a Managed VPS, at least to begin with while you're learning.

Hope this helps!

Your information definitely helped. Much appreciated
I think DO mentioned that they support fully managed service. Anyhow, I just want it for landing pages purposes and I'm willing to take the plan with 2gb RAM, 2 cores, 40gb SSD Disk and 3 TB.

Sounds like your on the right track. Was suggesting vservercenter because similar VDS cloud server with a little more disk space, Cloudflare partnered, unmetered bandwidth(which is good as traffic grows), backup space & HA so no downtime. DO good option because offer managed which other does not and think they have type of HA with dynamic IP. Consider utdream post & that forum, especially about static or dynamic pages, which dynamic preferred for LPs and how many LPs your doing and amounts of traffic. Sounds like specs are good starting point and can always scale up/down with most providers. :)

Your information definitely helped. Much appreciated
You're welcome. =) Happy to help.

I think DO mentioned that they support fully managed service.
Based on your comment here I went poking around the DO site a bit. I could find very little regarding their support. I did find several pages stating that they only offer support if you spend $500 or more with them, but there was no information (that I could find) anywhere about what is covered by their support, how it's implemented, or if you could purchase more if their base service didn't offer what you needed.

MI
Back