The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The hardest part about SEO

OscarMike

Hi guys,

SEO is not easy. Once you create a shortlist of relevant keywords for your site, you must do a seo competition analysis for those keywords.

When I look at the Domain Authority and Page Authority for my chosen keywords, very few of them (if any) are viable. The only ones that don't seem to have much competition have less than 10 searches a month. That's nothing!

Organic search traffic is just too competitive, yet people are attracted to seo because it's free...

Your thoughts?

Not to disrespect you @OscarMike since you are beginner
But disagree with your entire post

SEO is not easy.
Compare to what? Learn sign language? Snowboard backflip? Build drone?
SEO is VERY easy, you read guidelines from Google, implement them and start getting traffic
Most people are lazy, they don't read guidelines and have bad ranking & no traffic
Then they tell everyone "SEO is difficult, SEO doesn't work"
No, SEO does work, but HUMANS are LAZY

Once you create a shortlist of relevant keywords for your site, you must do a seo competition analysis for those keywords.
What is relevant keyword?
  1. Customer has question
  2. Question has search volume
  3. You create answer
  4. Google finds your answer
  5. Google ranks your answer
  6. Customer find your answer
  7. Customer reads your answer
  8. Customer is happy
  9. Google is happy
  10. You are happy
Did you answer the question better than your competitor? If yes, you will rank, if it's no you won't rank

When I look at the Domain Authority and Page Authority for my chosen keywords, very few of them (if any) are viable. The only ones that don't seem to have much competition have less than 10 searches a month. That's nothing!
  • Ignore DA (waste of time)
  • Ignore PA (waste of time)
  • Focus on help your customers
If you are not best you don't deserve to rank top
If you are best you deserve to rank top

DA and PA is for time wasters
Focus on make great content

Organic search traffic is just too competitive
Because you don't understand it yet, but you will
Educate yourself --> developers.google.com/search
Most people skip it & trust SEO 'gurus'
That's fine, just make my job easier
Less competition

yet people are attracted to seo because it's free...
If your time worth zero, then it's free
How much your time worth?

Your thoughts?
No more thoughts
DM if you need SEO help
Don't listen to rumor --> go direct to source

Last edited:
I always found SEO sporadic --unless you have some toehold.
Organic search engine referrals are usually high-quality and do convert well.
You can always buy the ad on the top of the search results (if you have the budget) but being on the first page SERPs is more desirable.

100 first page long tail (3 word phrases) is easier than 3 first page one word SERPs and might yield the same revenue. I see more and more ads on DuckDuckGo check the price ...
**added Advertising and Affiliates
I see they are working with Microsoft Advertising

Hi guys,

SEO is not easy. Once you create a shortlist of relevant keywords for your site, you must do a seo competition analysis for those keywords.

Organic search traffic is just too competitive, yet people are attracted to seo because it's free...

Your thoughts?
The hard part of SEO is link building that why many small and big companies hire mainly link-building teams. which is very important if you want to rank high in search engines.

The problem with SEO is not the SEO itself, it's the time it requires. If you are creating content, you want to focus on good content, not on switching your phrases to fit what some software told you was a better keyword.
Someone else should do SEO, edit the pages for those keywords, etc.., and then you, the content writer, fix it so that it's not gibberish. If you try to do everything yourself, you're wasting time and it will really be hard to do.
It is a separate skill, and better done by someone who breathes it.

The hard part of SEO is link building that why many small and big companies hire mainly link-building teams. which is very important if you want to rank high in search engines.
I've had bad experiences with link builders.. I prefer to find someone who builds links that humans will click. Not as an SEO strategy, but as a real way to bring in visitors. But haven't found anyone.

The problem with SEO is not the SEO itself, it's the time it requires. If you are creating content, you want to focus on good content, not on switching your phrases to fit what some software told you was a better keyword.
  • Good SEO IS good content.
>on switching your phrases to fit what some software told you was a better keyword?
  • Unnatural, keyword modified content is very easy for search engines to filter out
--it only lasts and gives a lift for a very limited time
--so the effort's return is very short lived.​

It is a separate skill, and better done by someone who breathes it.

That depends on your skillset
I actually enjoy the whole process
Sooner or later I will have to outsource (unless I can autopilot everything)
It depends on your interests and strengths

--> Maybe your better at things than you think?

I've had bad experiences with link builders.. I prefer to find someone who builds links that humans will click. Not as an SEO strategy, but as a real way to bring in visitors. But haven't found anyone.

I know we've discussed links before
But if your focusing on links then you don't properly understand SEO in 2021
There's been a big shift to +@* UsEr ExPeRiEnCe *@+
How many people here actually listen to Google directly?

I know we've discussed links before
But if your focusing on links then you don't properly understand SEO in 2021
There's been a big shift to +@* UsEr ExPeRiEnCe *@+
How many people here actually listen to Google directly?

You're totally right. You don't need to be losing sleep over the fact that you don't have 45,000,000 backlinks in 2021. You could build a million links and google could ignore them all. According to Google’s John Mueller, they don't care about the number of links or individual domains linking in they care about the quality of the domain link itself.

I was just reading [Google’s John Mueller: Total Number of Backlinks Doesn’t Matter] a few minutes ago on Searchenginejournal.com. It's a great article to read. I'd post a link, but I can't yet.

I use Firefox and it has a text only browser that cleans up the zoo --eye-sight blight on websites
upload_2021-2-15_10-13-26.png

Here this is not an issue the image is just an example ...

UX the acronym for used experience is more important than the 'content' (mantra) IMHO.
UX has a very strong relation to a website's/and/ webpage's SEO metrics.

• How long to visitors stay?
  • What percentage bounce?
  • How deep do they go --how many pages get viewed per session?

SEO is an investment, a long-term one at that.

Everything everyone else mentioned holds a semblance of truth. But I do agree that the best way to rank up with SEO is by integrating keywords with High-Quality Content. You'll seldom find spammy websites rank high on Google especially if you know how to utilize the search engine properly.

It's definitely not free though, it will require an immense amount of trial and error, research, and integration. But with precision and proper implementation, the ROI is palpable.

SEO is a long-term investment.
However, I agree that the best way to rank with SEO is to integrate keywords with High Quality Content. It is not absolutely free but will require a tremendous amount of trial and error, research and integration.

^^the AI tool I used doubts the relevancy of the excess verbiage and opinion. Sucks for word count --doesn't it?

Don't get mad --these AI tools are getting pretty good now ;)

The excess verbiage and opinion is me in real life as well, really need to tone down my talkativeness and wordiness :rofl

Have you tried GSD?
It's my secret success formula

(GSD = Get Sh#t Done)

That's an amazing formula (believe it or not, that's my user pic on my mac–see attached below), but I'm trying out a new AI which will hopefully simplify the verbiage for me hahahaa

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 17.36.06.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 17.36.06.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi guys,

Your thoughts?

My thoughts, If you are just doing even up to just 50% of what you need to do in your business naturally, your SEO will rank up fast, naturally. When I had a blog on WordPress, I only installed YOAST seo plugin and made sure most of the lights turned to green after writing my blog post, and I was ranking up.
Overall, if you're just doing the right thing, your ranking will go up fast naturally.

SEO is a long-term investment.
However, I agree that the best way to rank with SEO is to integrate keywords with High Quality Content. It is not absolutely free but will require a tremendous amount of trial and error, research and integration.

^^the AI tool I used doubts the relevancy of the excess verbiage and opinion. Sucks for word count --doesn't it?

Don't get mad --these AI tools are getting pretty good now ;)

MI
Back