The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

The FOOTBALL(soccer) Thread!

Blackpool are definitely looking good, not sure why but I like they anyway. Would love to see them back in the EPL.

Liverpool did well too, apart from the late goal I thought they easily matched City the other day.
Yup we deserved to win....was awesome! Going this weekend for the game also - i think we should win against the Ars!

Pretty happy we have signed Carroll, now just hoping in these last few hours we get Joey Cole and John Mensah.

So pissed off we havnt signed a striker and Dempsey has signed for Spurs :(

The Yanks and Daglish have left us skint!

Definitely not a great window for Liverpool K! Still have to keep positive with the team though, reckon they will be able to pull some good results out of the bag if they play like they did against Man City.

I'm chuffed with how things have gone for Southampton and we have some exciting prospects in the team including Ramirez and Mayuka. It's a shame to see Sharp and Hammond head out on loan but it's all about progression in such a competitive league.

We were apparently in the running for Benayoun at one point yesterday but did not want to meet his wage demands and Chelsea weren't willing to subsidise a loan move to the club.

It will be interesting to see how Southampton do today, they've had a pretty hard start to the season though really.

As for Gills we drew 1-1 yesterday but the only other team who had 9 points going into the match lost, so we are top of the league! ;)

I honestly thought Liverpool would give Arsenal a good game, but Arsenal seemed to be in control for most of the match from what I saw on motd.

As for Southampton, that was unlucky.. typical United!

Poor old Liverpool. A poor start to say the least. I think at times they are their own worst enemy. Letting Carroll go without a replacement was a big mistake. I know Carroll didn't perform last season, but for what they paid for him you'd think he'd be offered another chance to prove his worth. Talk of bringing Michael Own in is possibly the craziest ting I've heard in a long time! Mind you, can you imagine if he did come in and do a job - what a story that would turn out to be!

Southampton seem to be putting in good performances but just not getting any luck. I've seen this happen with a few newly promoted sides over the years - hopefully they'll get some luck and get rewarded for their obvious efforts.

As for my team (Leeds). At 2-0 down I'd definitely have taken the eventual 3-3 result, but gutted to have gone ahead at 3-2 and to surrender the lead so late on! Still, an entertaining game for those who bother to go to Elland Road these days!

It's great having such a mix of fans in here I have to say.

@Sam93 - Another positive result for Gills, long way to go but hopefully they have it in them

@K - As stated by others I honestly thought Liverpool would give Arsenal a good game, it wasn't the worst but Arsenal just managed to take their chances. Bring on Sunderland where 3 points is a must.

@Angelman - How was the Leeds performance in general? It is positive that Leeds were able to get a point out of promotion chasing Blackburn, as long as they are keeping up to the playoff pack that is the main thing.

As for the Saints, I was extremely happy with the performance although I feel the changes Nigel Adkins made probably killed off the game (although he isn't to blame). We are showing a lot of promise but I am more annoyed about losing 2-0 to Wigan last week, that's where we need to be grinding out the points.

@Dru - Southampton played really well, doesn't look like you'll be short of goals this season having scored 2 against both of the Manchester clubs. Very unlucky that you didn't get a point in the end. You've definitely had the hardest start to the season out of all the promoted teams, I think you'll easier stay safe this season.

Another good performance, yet another game we didnt win! It's hard being a Liverpool fan :(

This doesn't happen very often, so before it ends:

2a3f0057c96f6145021ffd2d116ccce1.png

Hopefully Liverpool and Southampton can get their win in the EPL asap!

3 points on the board = happy me. Great performance today and thoroughly deserved win!

Sam, you must be chuffed with the way things are going so far for Gillingham, do you reckon they can keep it up?

Very pleased for Southampton, finally the result that some of their performances this season warranted. :)

As for Leeds, a win! Lost the last 2, so happy to get 3 points to stay in touch.

MI
Back