The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The FOOTBALL(soccer) Thread!

sam93

Just got back from watching Gillingham play on the opening day of the season, we beat Bradford 3-1!

Pretty good game, only bad thing was the 34 degree sun blaring down on the stand I was sitting in.. too hot! :p

How did your team do?

My team play today and I'm not expecting too much from them.... (Southampton)

Either way, the season is long and I will keep my hopes high :) As for Liverpool, they were some extremely soft penalties, although you can't take their other goals from them.

I cant bare to watch it back :(

I never watch us losing......i wonder what it will be like on Sunday when im in Anfield against City :(

I'll give you some tips K, I've been prepared for disappointment before going to a game for the last two seasons!

Dru, hoping to see Southampton pull something out of the bag.. hate City!

I'll give you some tips K, I've been prepared for disappointment before going to a game for the last two seasons!

Dru, hoping to see Southampton pull something out of the bag.. hate City!
Ha ive seen Liverpool lose plenty dw :)

Well, what can I say? I am absolutely over the moon with our result (never thought I'd say that about losing). We went out and gave it a good go considering we were playing the champions, definitely a game to be proud of.

Let's hope we can replicate that performance against Wigan at home!

Dru, was a great performance and I was hoping you might actually come away with a result. Definitely encouraging signs for you for the rest of the season.

As for my club (Leeds Utd) ... well we managed to chalk up a home win on the first day of the season against relegated Wolves. Always nice to start off well, however with 7 out of the starting 11 being brand new players, I think it will take a while for them to get used to each other!

I'm glad the new season is here at last, but it was nice to have a good break from it over the Summer I have to admit!

Dru, was a great performance and I was hoping you might actually come away with a result. Definitely encouraging signs for you for the rest of the season.

As for my club (Leeds Utd) ... well we managed to chalk up a home win on the first day of the season against relegated Wolves. Always nice to start off well, however with 7 out of the starting 11 being brand new players, I think it will take a while for them to get used to each other!

I'm glad the new season is here at last, but it was nice to have a good break from it over the Summer I have to admit!

Even a point would have been an added bonus but it certainly gave me confidence for the season ahead. There are however a few tough games in the coming weeks, Wigan (H), Man Utd (H) and Arsenal (A).

As for Leeds, definitely great to get the points on the board straight away. Elland Road was one of the places I didn't get to visit last season but I certainly don't have anything against your lot. Wouldn't it be great to get the old boys back in the prem again, Leeds being one of them!

In the circles I move in, you are one of few who don't have anything against 'our lot'! :) So I am pleased to hear it!

Yes, it would be great to have some of the great old teams back in the Premier league - I'm not counting my chickens though, there's an awful lot of crazy stuff going on behind the scenes at Leeds that could scupper our chances for sure.

Off to Anfield this weekend for the City game and then Arsenal the weekend after - could be to happy or unhappy trips!

Off to Anfield this weekend for the City game and then Arsenal the weekend after - could be to happy or unhappy trips!

I reckon they will be brilliant games. Liverpool are always ones to show up and give it their all against the larger teams, let's hope they can grind out the result. Would you take 3 points now if you were offered them or do you reckon there are at least 4 or 6 up for grabs?

Well, not a great game for Southampton yesterday. Wigan made us look mediocre to be fair and I think we went out with the mentality that we had it in the bag. Oh well, plenty of time yet.

@sam93 - What a great start to the season for Gillingham, another 3 points on the board yesterday. How long do you reckon they can keep it up? Have they bought many new players in?

@Angelman - Great weekend for Leeds too! Do you reckon you are in for a playoff run this year?

@K - COYR! Sort Man City out for the rest of us.

@Dru: Saw the Southampton match on MOTD, you guys didn't look too bad. Hopefully you'll start picking up points soon!

Yeah I was up at Dagenham yesterday watching Gills, thought we played quite well despite the storm that took place during the match lol. Hopefully we can get a couple more wins against the mediocre teams before our promotion rivals come up!

@Angelman - Great weekend for Leeds too! Do you reckon you are in for a playoff run this year?

Yeah, happy with the win, shame we surrendered a lead in midweek and went on to lose. Mind you that one was against Blackpool and they are looking very good indeed.

Yes Blackpool certainly didn't hang around this weekend! I went up there last year with Southampton near the end of the season and they made us look like a Sunday League team, we went on to lose 3-0 during the height of our promotion push... very frustrating.

There is a long way to go yet so it's definitely a positive start.

Blackpool are definitely looking good, not sure why but I like they anyway. Would love to see them back in the EPL.

Liverpool did well too, apart from the late goal I thought they easily matched City the other day.

banners
Back