The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

The best domain registrar?

I support that, GoDaddy seem to be quite good, I have not had any problems with them either.

Three questions to you guys who are using GoDaddy...

1. Price for generic domains and if there are ways to get discounts.

2. How long they take to register domain

3. How ling it takes for domain to resolve on the new nameservers after you point it to your host.

Thanks

Skinner, here are my replies to your questions:

1. Use the coupon OYH3 to get your .com for $7.15.

2. It's almost instant.

3. You can do this right when registering a new domain - put your own nameservers.

Thanks Andrey.

Question #3 - how long before domain RESOLVES on new nameservers... That means if I type in my new domain name how long it takes for GoDaddy before I can see my actual site.

Another question...

Do I have to pay if I transfer domain to GoDaddy from another registrar?

This coupon you posted - is it the price for the first year or permanent? If only first year what would be the price after that?

Thanks

Question #3 - how long before domain RESOLVES on new nameservers... That means if I type in my new domain name how long it takes for GoDaddy before I can see my actual site.

It takes up to 5 minutes, no longer. - if you enter your own nameservers during the registration process (= it won't be parked at Godaddy at first, it will be pointed to your web host right from the beginning).

SkinnerW said:
Do I have to pay if I transfer domain to GoDaddy from another registrar?

Yeah, I think you will have to pay the transfer fee.

SkinnerW said:
This coupon you posted - is it the price for the first year or permanent? If only first year what would be the price after that?

I think it doesn't work for renewals, but I'm not sure. You can find more about Godaddy coupons on DP forum or just search Google.

Besides Godaddy, I also use Namecheap (ideal for private registrations), Dynadot (you can pay via Moneybookers) and WSDReg.com for .in domains. However, Godaddy is the cheapest for .com when using the coupon.

O'k, thanks I'll try GoDaddy...

FIRST PERSON TO SEND ME HIS GODADDY AFFILIATE LINK WILL GET REFERRAL COMMISSIONS!

dynadot.com wins my vote. Fast, easy registration. Easy to use website, allows prepay, accepts paypal..doesn't try to get you to buy a bunch of crap when checking out..offers bulk discounts and API...gosh i love dyandot <3

I use both GoDaddy and UKReg.com

I have started to use UKReg more recently as I like the way the online interface works. Much simpler than Godaddy.

I agree to Go Daddy, never faced an issue with them. Also I have some with NetFirms, they offer you Hosting with 2 free email accounts. However one of my associates joined as a Reseller with DirectI, seems that they are offering good pricing.

Directi is quite cheap but their technology is rather clumsy and complicated

I agree to Go Daddy, never faced an issue with them. Also I have some with NetFirms, they offer you Hosting with 2 free email accounts. However one of my associates joined as a Reseller with DirectI, seems that they are offering good pricing.

I have and account with directi (the recently change their name to public registry or something like that) and I have account at GoDaddy and openSRS. I find dealing with directi less pleasant than the other two companies including the technology they provided for intergrating their API into your website.

Also when you pay directi, they charge 'handling fee' on your payment, openSRS and GoDaddy does not do this.

MI
Back