The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

The best domain registrar?

I was looking to start an account with them, my associate told me alot about their super website or something. Something about their billing system, I am not quite sure. I mean I looking to invest but I went to enom and wwd, somehow I felt they are over charging me.

I have and account with directi (the recently change their name to public registry or something like that) and I have account at GoDaddy and openSRS. I find dealing with directi less pleasant than the other two companies including the technology they provided for intergrating their API into your website.

Also when you pay directi, they charge 'handling fee' on your payment, openSRS and GoDaddy does not do this.

Experience is said to be the best teacher, perhaps you want to give them a go, you may have a better experience than I had with them

I have got over 350 domains with 1&1 and I have had no trouble from them, really.

I like the fact that they have a UK presence so that if something goes badly wrong I can sort it out through the UK courts, rather than in the US.

I also have used their 24 hr helpline quite a lot, but I feel that the helpfulness of their staff varies considerably.

They are, however, very expensive (.com domains £8.99 + VAT) so I am thinking about placing some of my domains with GoDaddy.

When you hear about other peoples bad experiences with some registrars I'm glad I stuck with 1&1, and if they lowered the cost of their domains I would do even more business with them.

On balance, my experience has been OK and any problem I have had with them has been sorted out - I also have a business hosting package with them. However, I don't have experiences of other companies to compare so my opinion might change if I did.

I am pleased to hear you had good experience with 1 and 1, I have heard all sorts of stories about them some good others not so good.

There are some testimonials about them in the web hosting review section of this forum.

I have got over 350 domains with 1&1 and I have had no trouble from them, really.

I like the fact that they have a UK presence so that if something goes badly wrong I can sort it out through the UK courts, rather than in the US.

I also have used their 24 hr helpline quite a lot, but I feel that the helpfulness of their staff varies considerably.

They are, however, very expensive (.com domains £8.99 + VAT) so I am thinking about placing some of my domains with GoDaddy.

When you hear about other peoples bad experiences with some registrars I'm glad I stuck with 1&1, and if they lowered the cost of their domains I would do even more business with them.

On balance, my experience has been OK and any problem I have had with them has been sorted out - I also have a business hosting package with them. However, I don't have experiences of other companies to compare so my opinion might change if I did.

I'm a massive fan of namecheap! I love em! sooo easy to use!

MI
Back